Ringtones anyone??
I was reading somewhere (I can't remember exactly where), that websites offering ringtones are probably the most proffitable right now. Is that true? Do you sell them from your website??
The ones I seen that make money are rip off's. They give you a ring tone and when they do they have it hidden in the things you check that you are joined in their "club" They then start sending you more ringtones and you have to pay for these and you get ripped off and it is hard to get out of the club. If they send you 30 tones that you don't want you still have to pay, and opt out fee and all kind os stuff.

They may have some honest ones, but I wouldn't risk it.
So I guess the ringtones are like the "Book clubs" or "Columbia House" clubs in the non virtual world! I remember I took their offer and then got stuff that I didn't want. Good thing I just returned it most of the time... But at least I got great offers every once in a while! But I am curious to know if anyone is actually selling them from their websites.
Does anyone know of a free site that would allow you to offer free ring tones?

If I could have some Adsense banners on site, I'd offer free ring tones just for the impressions.

I've had a little experience licensing ring tones from production music sites.
Most of the ringtone sites strike me as shady deals. They have to be getting something out of people downloading the rings, like the club idea that was mentioned earlier, or they might even load a few things like spy ware on your phone.

You might try selling ring tones that you have created yourself. If unique enough and safe enough, you are sure to get some sort of following. Just find the right niche.
I am thinking of a site that would offer free ringtones. Original ringtones offered free of charge, would bring in a huge ammount of visitors with the right advertising. The girl that gave her designs away for free sold her website and she is a millionaire!
Is that a truly profitable site? I would wonder something going for free is what everyone says. Selling it for free is the hook and then you get hit with the catch. All you need to make money is the adds.
I'm sure there are affiliate programs for selling ringtones (there are for everything else!). If you sell ringtones outright, no scams, no plans..etc, then it's fine.