Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura killed in
Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura was killed in a traffic accident Sunday in the Dominican Republic. He was 25.A Royals spokesperson confirmed the news just before noon, and the team i sued a statement about an hour later via Twitter.MORE:Former MLB player Andy Marte dies in car crashOfficial statement from the  Harmon Killebrew Cool Base Light Blue Jersey Kansas City Royals organization. pic.twitter.com/AgInmjHWAB Kansas City Royals (@Royals) January 22, 2017ESPN's Cristian Morenoreportedthat he is suspected of having been driving under the influence.A key starter onthe pitching staff that led the Royals to the 2015 World Series championship, Ventura played all four of his MLB seasons with the Royals, compiling a 38-31 mark, with a  Twins Womens Cool Base Jersey 3.89 ERA and 1.34 WHIP. Signed by the Royals as an amateur free agent in 2008, Ventura made his MLB debut in 2013 at age 22.Major League Baseball commi sioner Rob Manfred i sued a statement later Sunday in response to the deaths of Ventura and former big league infielder Andy Marte, 33, who was also killedin a separate car accident in the Dominican Republic.Today is a very sad day for our entire game and particularly for the many loyal fans in the Dominican Republic, the home of both Yordano Ventura and Andy Marte," the statement read. "Yordano was a key figure in the Royals' recent succe s. His electric talent on the mound helped lead the Royals to two American League pennants and the 2015 World Championship. Andy was a respected member of six organizations who played seven Major League seasons, including for the Cleveland Indians from 2006-2010.On behalf of Major League Baseball, I extend my deepest condolences to the families, teammates, friends and fans of both players.The baseball world was already mourning news le s than an hour earlier that former MLB infielder Andy Marte had been killed in a traffic accident in the Dominican Republic.Ventura was close friends withCardinals prospect Oscar Taveras, who was killed in a traffic accidentin 2014. Kent Hrbek Jersey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yu Darvish update Cubs pitcher virus pla sherry2018love 0 464 12-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sherry2018love
  iews Royals Frank White Jersey gsnoopy520 0 835 03-19-2018, 02:59 AM
Last Post: gsnoopy520
  ursors Ventura Alvarado USA Jersey gsnoopy520 0 495 03-10-2018, 02:33 AM
Last Post: gsnoopy520
  2017 Royals Year in just Research: The suitable video games of the calendar year pingguo 0 1,035 11-20-2017, 02:53 AM
Last Post: pingguo