Scams with Paypal??
dolce_vita78 Wrote:I have received several mails from what it seemed like paypal. When I found out that they were not really from paypal, I immediately discarded these mails. Just recently though, paypal emailed me to inform me that someone have accessed my account. This caused them to have my accounted limited. After meeting all the requirements, they removed the limit in my account.

How did you verify that someone really did access your account or could that have been a scam site as well? This kind of stuff worries me with Paypal. And why is Paypal so popular for these scams - is it because it is more well known or suceptible in some other way?
That's a good question jazzgirl. I wondered the same thing. How did you learn someone had accessed your account?

Anytime I get email from paypal, or a site with which my credit cards are registered, I delete it and log into the website independently. If there were a problem with your account it would show up when you log in. I don't trust email. Anyone can send them.
mom2manyboyz Wrote:That's a good question jazzgirl. I wondered the same thing. How did you learn someone had accessed your account?

Anytime I get email from paypal, or a site with which my credit cards are registered, I delete it and log into the website independently. If there were a problem with your account it would show up when you log in. I don't trust email. Anyone can send them.

How would you find out if there's something fishy with your account if you receive an email?
thats really sad to hear that some of you have problems with paypal, unfortunately that didnt happen to me yet
i think paypal is great auctually
hope you get things fingure out those
scams from other people? you can email them to paypal and they'll tell yu if it sa spoof email or not
First and foremost, NEVER access your PayPal account through an e-mail link.
If it's a phishing e-mail, of which there is no shortage, your personal information
and account could be compromised just by clicking on the links.

Always type PayPal.com directly into your browser when accessing your account.
Also, keep your computer protection up to date.

As for the gigs that request your PayPal info...as SageMother already stated, there ARE
legitimate ones that only pay via PayPal. Giving just the e-mail address alone is not likely to compromise your account.