Sedo Trademark complaint
I have just received the following email from Sedo:

Quote:We are writing to inform you that Sedo has received notice through Microsoft's Typo-Patrol of potential trademark infringement regarding the registration and use of the following domain names in conjunction with Sedo services. Microsoft created the MSN/Strider URL Tracer with Typo-Patrol to search for and record typo variations of domain names. A report containing such typo-domains based in Sedo's marketplace was then submitted to Sedo.com. Your domain was included in Microsoft's Typo-Patrol report. Accordingly, Sedo has no choice but to do the following at this time:

- Blocked from our domain marketplace

- Excluded from our parking program

Sedo takes great pains to strike a balance between the legitimate rights of domain owners and third party intellectual property owners and require verification of legal complaints before taking any action against a domain listed for sale or parked with Sedo.

If you have any questions regarding this message, or if you have a legal right to occupy this letter combination, then please contact the Sedo legal department at

legal@sedo.com.

Sincerely,

Your Sedo Team

I am not sure what the connection is between Sedo and MS. Has anyone else every received an email like this?

Zach
emm...you must have catch a good domain name! Well, I have no such "luck" to receive similiar email from SEDO yet. I do have some domains parked with them at the moment.

Speaking of the possible SEDO connection with MS, emm...it sparks of some thoughts in me, do they actually have some dealing that we might not know of?? Rolleyes Well, they are 2 big giant online, could it be that MS has some funding in SEDO or share in it?? Or they have some special trade agreement going on?

Anyone has more information to share?

By the way, has MS or ICANN also send you any email to claim the domain in concern?
Sounds like something similar to a DMCA notice. I suspect places like sedo respect copyright complaints in order to keep themselves out of court.

What was the name of the domain this typo-patrol got you for?
yeah, sounds intriguing.

i'm always curious abt how much traffic a gogle.com or yaho.com would draw..
triumph Wrote:Sounds like something similar to a DMCA notice. I suspect places like sedo respect copyright complaints in order to keep themselves out of court.

What was the name of the domain this typo-patrol got you for?

It is curious and triumph is right it does sound like a DMCA notice.
Well, was that a legitimate email (the source) or are some people trying to pull your leg? Either cases, I don't know the connection.
Emails these days seem so legit, but not all of them are. Actually I was thinking about this issue and if it was authentic, you must have struck a nerve somewhere.
I imagine gogle.com and yaho.com and variants there of get some serious traffic if everyone types like I do on a bad day.
Yeah, I know I have accidentally typed in misspelled versions of google before, but I have always caught it before it went through.
So what was the outcome after the notice?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trademark domains mtajim 0 3,781 02-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Last Post: mtajim
  Trademark service? llegent 10 8,027 01-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Domaineer
  Technical and Legal Aspects of the Trademark Game electric underfloor 0 2,923 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: