Selling Adspace
IS anyone selling ad manually on there site. I mean without using and online tool like adsense or something and directly selling ads by contacting the clients.

If yes then which software do u use to manage the ads ?
thats what i'm looking for, I found some mods to be used with phpbb2 forum to place ad's on each forum. maybe it will help you if you wana place ad's on forums. try to find on phpbb.com or search on google
phpAdsNew is the best open-source ad management software. It's just brilliant, it's a bit complex to begin with but even Zach managed to use his french brain to work it out. Big Grin
Seph Wrote:phpAdsNew is the best open-source ad management software. It's just brilliant, it's a bit complex to begin with but even Zach managed to use his french brain to work it out. Big Grin

Is it free and can I use it with phpBB forum? what is the URL pleaseSad
This sounds like an interesting thing to develop on our website... I'll copy this info and give it to my partner, because all those initials just confirmed me that I only know that I know NOTHING! But I appreciate that you guys ask about this, so I can learn more about this whole business... I'm still the creative part!
eria Wrote:Is it free and can I use it with phpBB forum? what is the URL pleaseSad

Open-source is always free, otherwise the source wouldn't really be open. And I'm sure you could find the url by entering the name in the little search box up in the right corner of your browser. (ie 7 got that too now right?)
i think selling adspace manually will really make more money than adsense or any other contectual ads. i suggested some of my friends this idea and now they are making more than adsense and are getting money right in there hands.
It really depends on how well you do it. Before selling ad space manually you have to consider a few things.
  • Will you be able to reach out to advertisers who might have an interest in your niche?
  • Do you have the knowledge and technical abilities to handle the business side, invoices etc.
  • Is it even worth it?

If you figure that you can handle the business side and that you can get more money doing it yourself then by all means, go for it. Just remember that the more info you have the larger a chance of convincing a business of advertising on your site.

So if you can get demographics about your users: age, gender, country, income, interests etc.
Yeah I found many links for scripts to handle ad space, but I need a script or mod which is easy and fast, can you suggest one please?
This is something I have been looking for two..I think Google grows rich through all it's pawns that peddle adsense.