Sending laptop back to dell repair
Does anyone here have any experience sending laptops/computers to dell repair?

I have many things wrong with mine, and I was wondering whether they would just make another computer (to save on labour) or whether they would actually fix the one I send in?

If anyone has experience with this, please reply!

Zach
The last time I checked, And I admit it's been a year or so, they actually fix it and return it to you.
Yes Zach, my ex bought a brand new Dell from them for web design. Of course this was in Australia and he had to send it to the states for repair. I do not mean to worry you but at the time he had serious issues with him and the laptop was not fixed correctly. But what happened was he had dropped it at the airport. I believe it was under complete warranty but something went amuck. Maybe it was because he was in Oz then.
I wonder if that could have something to do with the class action suit that has been brought against Dell....
ACCER Wrote:I wonder if that could have something to do with the class action suit that has been brought against Dell....

What are you talking about? I haven´t heard of anything like that... well, actually I am not that interested either on Dell, but now I like gossip! LOL!
Yes Gigi

That's exactly what happened to me. I dropped my dell (not at the airport) and loads of things are probably damaged inside. At one point it had trouble turning on but that seems to be ok now. Then the audio jack on the side is damaged, but only aesthetically.

I also hear a rattling inside when I move it... and im sure that loose parts moving over the circuitry is not normal!

Do you think I can send it back to dell? Or is this something that I just have to live with?

Zach
zach Wrote:Yes Gigi

That's exactly what happened to me. I dropped my dell (not at the airport) and loads of things are probably damaged inside. At one point it had trouble turning on but that seems Do you think I can send it back to dell? Or is this something that I just have to live with?

Zach

I did have problem with my DELL last month and luckily had warranty till sep 2007. So dell sent me a box and thats it. it was a very nice experience and i got my laptopw with 3 working days. sent on tuesday and recd it back by friday morning. if you have warranty then they replace everything defective. for me they replace motherboard, heatsink, videocard, kepboard etc...

they in dell site if you have warranty and they would do the rest.
So even if I dropped it, they'll replace it?
No. I dont think so. You should have accidental damage protection for that. Your warranty does not cover accidental damages like dropping a laptop.
You might want to look at your personal insurance policy if it's not covered by a warranty. Many people overlook that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best PC and Laptop repair center in India Mac444 0 1,853 04-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Mac444
  got my new laptop zach 10 5,859 10-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Taggart
  I'm back online after 2 weeks! zach 4 3,547 02-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Last Post: berlinlife06