So this woman starts an anti Go-Daddy campaign...
Why do people waste their time on childish stuff like this? Because people do not understand the concept of tolerance anymore. If they don't personally like something, it must be banned. It's not enough for them to ignore it. They have to get rid of it.

Essentially, these people need to grow up!
I remember reading one of her posts. I wouldn't mind the Godaddy commercials if they used males the same way they used ladies. Women use the Internet too and should be given an equal chance at viewing males purely as window dressing to sell products.
Over hte last 25 years there is one thing that all marketing studies have agreed upon: Women don't buy into it.

Show a sexy woman eating a burger and men will go buy the burger. Show a sexy man driving a car and women will research the options of the car.

Men are more visual and more likely to buy a product or service if a sexy woman is advertising it.

Most of the time the sexy woman doesn't deter women from buying.

So marketing strategies are to make the commercial visually appealing to men with enough information to entice women to look into the product further.

Or animals. If you want to attract women, show baby animals.
Very well put as it is the same marketing research I have read. Right now more men are siteowners than women and the numbers are astronomically different. In a way it makes no sense because the number one buying customers online are women.
It makes sense if you move from marketing into business psychology. The men who own those sites are essentially creating websites for themselves, ie what appeals to them. Women tend to design business sites to fit the target audience.

Look at video games: The vast majority feature male characters. Girls will play a male character. Very few boys will play a female character.

SOme things never change.
we can see it under any perspective we want to. We might agree, or we just might disagree of the ways and objects and subjects... but one thing is real: Sex sells, and that can be for either or. Because while a guy will look into the girl and buy whatever she is selling, the woman will have to find somehow a way of identifying with that woman, and since most of the time that's not the case, then she has to do more research! That's what a friend that works in advertising told me. LOL!
Many of my female friends have developed the problem of trying to figure out what the ad is selling. They will generally feature a sexy woman and never mention the product except as an end shot.....I suppose the theory is that by then the man is so captivated by the scene that he will buy whatever product they show!
Yet is the brick and mortar world advertising and movies are switching gears and going for the female audience. It is a slow transition.
Considering that women do far more shopping than the average man, it only makes sense to target the one doing the buying.
ACCER Wrote:Considering that women do far more shopping than the average man, it only makes sense to target the one doing the buying.

True. But it also depends on what are they selling, because a woman mostly never would buy herself a Porsche when she hits middle age and feels she is depressed! On the other hand, men buy cars according to what they DON'T have to offer! LOL! Sorry guys... but that's what marketing says!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MilesWeb] Exclusive Offer | Save 25% on Managed Amazon Cloud (AWS) | Starts at $6.75 MilesWeb 0 911 09-25-2019, 09:48 AM
Last Post: MilesWeb
  Get Fully Managed Dedicated Hosting | Starts at $46/mo - Host IT Smart hostitsmart 0 1,049 04-30-2019, 09:49 AM
Last Post: hostitsmart
  [Host IT Smart] Get 50% OFF on Linux Hosting | Free SSL | Starts at $1.50/mo hostitsmart 0 980 04-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: hostitsmart
  Anyone using Go Daddy as a Hosting company? berlinlife06 12 8,770 10-12-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  [MilesWeb] Reseller Hosting Starts At $6 | Unlimited SSD & Banwidth | 50% OFF MilesWeb 0 1,629 07-12-2017, 11:16 AM
  [MilesWeb] WordPress Hosting Starts at $6/mo | Free SSL & Dedicated IP | 45% OFF MilesWeb 0 1,338 07-05-2017, 12:38 PM
  [MilesWeb] Cloud Hosting Starts at $5/mo | High Performance | Full Root/RDP Access MilesWeb 0 1,317 06-14-2017, 11:34 AM