Status of other TLD?
Hi. Apart form the more common TLD that we are familiar of :- .com, .net, .info, .biz, .org etc. What are the status of other form of TLD?? If I remembered correctly, there were quite a number of TLD being proposed to ICANN for their approval or consideration, such as :-
1. .asia
2. .jobs
3. .mail
4. .post

...and more. So how's their development? anyone know where and how to register a domian under these TLD?
The only ones I know that have been approved are:

jobs, pro, us, coop, aero, museum, travel and mobi.
This is good news indeed! Ok now, where and how should I go about register for domains with these TLD?? I don't see them available at godaddySad Are they open for public registration at the moment? or still "closed" for public?
I just wonder if these other tlds were ever catch in. In reality we need an entire new domain scheme for the internet. We need to go to real words and multiple words with no TLDs.

So if I type in Bobs Texas Steakhouse, the site comes up. People simply are not going to be able to manage all the tlds or no which one to use.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Status of domain purchase says problem? Williamhawk 0 1,548 10-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Pending status Ramaz 4 3,637 05-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Last Post: youthdisciple
  Status of .org? llegent 20 9,484 01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Domaineer