The authority said it would also ask the subdistrict to help
" Wu Gencheng Dmitry Kulikov Jets Jersey , the owner of the Ada Scallion Pancake, making his renowned breakfast treat in this file photo. Wu’s shop has to close because his business license is out of date. He has attracted not only the attention of the UK’s BBC, but also that of market supervisors. — CFP
WU Gencheng, the legendary owner of the Ada Scallion Pancake, may have wowed the BBC in the UK Cheap Mathieu Perreault Jersey , but gourmets who want to taste his popular and traditional breakfast offerings are in for a disappointment.

From today the store in the downtown area has had to suspend business while it renews its business license.

The chewy, flaky, and savory local delicacy made by 59-year-old Wu for the past three decades has been attracting people from both home and abroad who are prepared to queue for hours to sample his products.

Huangpu District Market Supervision and Management Bureau yesterday asked Wu to suspend his business because he had no license, according to the district government.

The authority said it would also ask the subdistrict to help Wu to find a new store nearby and apply for a new business license to reopen the popular business.

Wu said “jealous neighbors” had complained about “the hygiene condition of my store to the district authority,” and though he had to close the store Cheap Kyle Connor Jersey , he would still accept orders from old customers.

“I can also take advantage of the suspension to take a rest because it is really exhausting as I grow older with sickness.” He has a hunchback due to an accident during childhood, made worse by years of bending over to make pancakes.

Wu began making scallion dough for his pancakes at 3am since setting up his private scallion pancake store on Maoming Road S. in 1982. Customers start waiting in front of the small store, which is in the backyard of his apartment, from 5am.

His scallion pancake, which follows the traditional recipe of including both fatty pork mince and scallion has been dubbed the most authentic Shanghai-style scallion pancake — a favorite traditional breakfast here. Wu is known to his customers as the “god of scallion pancake.”

“I set up the store only to make a living at the beginning Cheap Mark Scheifele Jersey , and now the only reason to hang on is to serve many of my old customers,” he said.

Wu attracted many expatriate customers as well as foreign tourists after the BBC interviewed him and filmed how the popular pancake was made in a documentary named “Taste of Shanghai.” The British celebrity chef Rick Stein praised Wu’s scallion pancake and said it took him “back to my childhood.”

“Many foreign customers bought over 30 pancakes every time to share with their friends and some of them have become my loyal customers,” Wu said proudly.

He learnt his craft from a famous local pastry cook in 1982 and said he still followed what his master taught him all those years ago.

His method is to stuff a big handful of scallion and a ball of fatty pork mince into the dough. He then kneads the dough quickly and fries and then bakes the pancake in a traditional oven. This process makes the pancake more flaky and crumbly, he said.

It takes 20 minutes to cook a batch of 10 scallion pancakes and he makes 300 pancakes every day, limiting each customer to 10 pieces. Each pancake costs 5 yuan.

“None of the steps can be skipped to make it quicker Cheap Josh Morrissey Jersey , otherwise the flavor will be different,” Wu said. He added he was able to make 600 pancakes every day when he was young and could punch the dough more efficiently.

“I fear my skills will be extinct one day when I am too old to make the delicacy,” Wu said. He supported his son to study and graduate from university with the pancake business, but his son does not want to take over from his father and now works for a local digital company.

“I’m looking for a reliable apprentice who is willing to stick to the tradition way to cook the scallion pancake, rather than (try to) make a fortune Cheap Joel Armia Jersey ,” he said.

Wu said some supermarkets and restaurants wanted to hire him, but he refused because his pancakes “must be freshly baked and sold.”

“Many young people want to study the skills only to make money but I want to pass on my legacy and brand for generations.” Wu added he would test and observe the determination of those who want to become his apprentice before choosing a successor.

“It takes decades to establish the fame for a brand, but it can be destroyed overnight,” he said.
"
KABUL, Feb. 21 (Xinhua) -- The new U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter Cheap Connor Hellebuyck Jersey , which paid an unannounced visit to Afghanistan on Saturday, said the timetable for American forces drawdown in Afghanistan would be reviewed.

Addressing a joint press conference with President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani here in Arg , or Presidential Palace after talks, Carter, who took the helm as defense secretary only days ago said the withdrawal plan of U.S. troops from Afghanistan will be discussed in further details during President Ghani's visit to Washington and his meeting with President Barack Obama next month.

After the end of combat mission of NATO-led ISAF in late December 2014 in Afghanistan Cheap Michael Hutchinson Jersey , a contingent of more than 12,000 NATO-led troops, including around 10,800 of Americans have remained in Afghanistan to train and advice Afghan national security forces.

Under President Obama's drawdown plan, the 10 Cheap Dustin Byfuglien Jersey ,800-strong U.S. troops remained in Afghanistan beyond 2014 is due to drop to some 5,500 by the end of 2015 and then pull out altogether by early 2017 except 1,000 forces to provide security for American embassy in the country.

To a query, U.S. Defense Secretary said that the war on terror doubtlessly is a mission and should go ahead.

President Ghani who previously called for reviewing the forces pullout plan from Afghanistan said at the press conference that President Obama's timetable for forces withdrawal is respected.

Thanking the role of international community i.