The value of domain portfolio scripts?
I see little value in scripts like DomainPortfolio.us other than to keep track of my domains. If I'm selling at Sedo I'd want to park it with Sedo for traffic statistics, advertising revenue and selling the domain at the same time. If I use an application such as DomainPortfolio my best bet is to run an .htaccess 301 redirect on individual domains to point to where my domains were for sale eg. http://domains.moolianaire.com. Where I could then accept offers from people interested in the domain(s). However going the DomainPortfolio.us route would mean I have no accurate type-in traffic to match with pay per ad click revenue (and not earn any pay per click ad revenue either). And if the domains are not common words then even type in traffic is scarce.

Now I mainly use DomainPortfolio to keep track of some of my domains I’m interested in selling at the moment. For those interested I did a post on DomainPortfolio.us here: http://www.moolianaire.com/organize-your...-portfolio
your blog moolianaire just made me happy after many days! lots of info there.

& coming back to topic:
the domainportfolio.us script which you have seen isnt developed to real domain portfolio standards yet! something more advanced could be namefollow script and it might interest you to know that im also developing a custom domain portfolio script with a lots of features when i launch then i bet that you will see the value of a complete and fully featured domain portfolio script. and it will solve all the problems you have mentioned now. i have been developing this script since last yr and making new features everyday. its still in testing version and i plan to add more features and finally launch a really solid domain script which one could not imagine of. but just that for that script you will have to wait a little while before it releases. cheers!
Hi hotchocolate

Be sure to keep me updated on the progress of your script. And if you need a beta tester or feedback before launch send me a PM.
have a look
Very nice job!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,695 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,609 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,514 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,721 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,227 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,018 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,095 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,843 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,968 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,907 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM