Very annoying ads.
The amount of people running away from these adds is huge. They purposely want you to accidentally hit one of those pop up windows.
Grace Wrote:The amount of people running away from these adds is huge. They purposely want you to accidentally hit one of those pop up windows.
I went into a website yesterday that had this floating ad. I was actually interested on the website content, and clicked the "X" on the ad so I could keep reading it... well, it was just clicking the ad!!! I was so mad I just left and went to another site.
Several sites I frequient are getting into the floating ad thing and I just may find alternative sites.
OHHH I HATE those darned floaters! They are worse than pop ups EVER thought of being. The ones I really hate are the ones that follow me around!
The floaters are the worst. Especially the sound ones that start talking to you in the middle of the night, or blaring sound effects (the talking icons on myspace are the worst...HELL-LOOOOOOOOOO!). That is usually after I have been jamming music in the morning and forgot to turn the speakers down. They guy that finds a way to block those forever will be a rich person. Smile
Now, I've found soemthing even more annoying, if that's possible!
There are some sites that I've been to, that when I close the window, it stops and (at least with the Firefox browser) keeps asking me if I'm sure I want to close the window and leave the site!!! Of course I'm not going back there!!!
Firefox stops them? Wow. Maybe I am being too hasty on that browser. If it just warmed up and went faster! Compared to floaters, give me an old fashioned popup any old day. Smile
Gigi Wrote:Firefox stops them? Wow. Maybe I am being too hasty on that browser. If it just warmed up and went faster! Compared to floaters, give me an old fashioned popup any old day. Smile

You know? maybe there is something going on with yout computer, because usually Firefox is faster than Internet explorer! Even with my old decrepit computer!!! So, maybe there is something that is not allowing your Firefox to run properly. I'm trying Opera now... not too convinced though...
Firefox is ok....I've tried Opera, I liked Firebox better....but I still prefer Internet Explorer.
I am pleasantly surprised by the performance of Opera on my computer!! While any video from YouTube doesnt' run smoothly with any of the other browsers (unless I don't have any other software runing at the same time, because my old processor is only 600 kh.), with Opera, things run smooth! I'm still experimenting with it though.