Web design tools
Are there any good free or low-cost design tools? I was using a Microsoft beta program for awhile, but it's expired. I want to be able to see my HTML code and also see how the page looks at once.
Hi reviewer. I haven't used it myself but I've heard good things about open source web design.

Here's a link: http://www.oswd.org/

Good luck. Wink
Macromedia allows free versions of OLD copies of Dreamweaver to be downloaded from the web. They are old, but unless you want to use some new feature, it works just as well in my opinion.
zach Wrote:Macromedia allows free versions of OLD copies of Dreamweaver to be downloaded from the web. They are old, but unless you want to use some new feature, it works just as well in my opinion.

Are these old but full versions of Dreamweaver, or are they "bare bones" versions that you would need to upgrade to make them function?
http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage3.shtml
FREE

Used it many times when it first came out back in 1998.
Still use it occationally.
I am sure there must be some kind of software on the net that is free, that will allow you to do what you are looking for. I'm going to check out Dreamweaver anyway... It might be worth it.
Open Office has html editing with it also. It is free, pretty easy to use, and extremely flexible.
tater03 Wrote:Thanks for the link. I will definently check it out. To be honest sometimes the free versions of things that I have used are just what I need. Sometimes I don't need all the addons or never will use them. Thanks again.

I agree with that. Often all the bells and whistles don't do much for me.

I will check out the free dreamweaver though.
zach Wrote:Macromedia allows free versions of OLD copies of Dreamweaver to be downloaded from the web. They are old, but unless you want to use some new feature, it works just as well in my opinion.

Didn't know about this. Thanks for sharing.
Vodahost has a free editor. I don't know if it is easy to use for other hosting sites, but I have heard good things about it. The last version I saw even had Paypal elements with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which are the best Free SEO tools for the website? hostitsmart 0 397 06-28-2022, 11:12 AM
Last Post: hostitsmart
  design of a DIVI / wordpress website? Lougalvi 2 2,134 12-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MatterEnergy
  Website Design Services? vicki2 22 13,478 09-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Last Post: madelinekim