What about Netflix?
Does anybody here has worked with Netflix as an affiliate? What's your experience? Can you really make money with that? There are many big sites related with them, like the Washington Post, for example. Only thing is that it bugs me to have their "pop-unders", because everytime I have to go back, a new pop under pops!
If we are talk about the online movie guys the $9 is not bad. I don't know anyone who is an affiliate but I will consider it.
Is it the online movie rental business?

I haven't really looked into them, but I wonder how their business is doing since the DVD market prices seem to have dropped in the last while?
I really don't see how an affiliate program with them would be beneficial. They advertise so much on TV that most folks can just go directly to their site.

Would an affiliate with them be based on if they actually ordered movies through your affiliate ID?
tater03 Wrote:That is a good question. I know that I would just go to the site myself. But I guess if someone happened to run across and ad they might click on it but I wouldn't see that happening very often.

I expect that's how it would work.

I think if people were looking to use the service, they'd go directly to the site, but if you were an affiliate and someone saw your link they may click as an impulse partly because of the national advertising.
Netflix has affiliates all over the net. They are in a heated battle with Blockbuster.
berlinlife06 Wrote:Does anybody here has worked with Netflix as an affiliate? What's your experience? Can you really make money with that? There are many big sites related with them, like the Washington Post, for example. Only thing is that it bugs me to have their "pop-unders", because everytime I have to go back, a new pop under pops!

Never used them as an affiliate program, and if they have popups I never will.
Oddly enough, I haven't used either blockbuster or netflix. It just hasn't been something I've been interested in trying. It's odd because I'm at my local video store a couple times a week...
I buy a fair amount of previously viewed DVDs from Blockbuster.

Speaking of them, here's a news article about a deal they made with Movielink:

http://hardware.broadcastnewsroom.com/ar...?id=170608
I don't get out much (Lol) so I do tend to go out and see whatever movies interest me. We have a nice theatre here (older with comfy seats) and a ticket is $3. Tuesday is free popcorn. All you can eat. Sodas are $4 (Or you can sneak in your own) with free refills. So for rentals it's mainly foreign films, straight to DVD or documentarys that I rent. The rest I buy because I saw them at the theatre and know I want it.