When you search for something in Google...
and it tells you "your search -...- doesn't match any documents" does it mean that the domain for that is still available? I was chatting with someone that told me that every time she thought of a domain, would do a Google search, if it turned nothing back, it means it is available... what do you know about this? How to know for sure? Anyone care to explain? I would greatly appreciate it! Remember, I am still learning!
Well Google did apply to ICANN to become a registrar but...

No it does not Sad

All it means is that google has not indexed the domain. By a new domain, do a search in google for it, and chances are that it won't come up.

Zach
Instead of searching Google, why don't you just type it into the address bar? Would this be more accurate. I was going to buy my zip code as a domain name and found that yellow pages dot com has their clutches on these.
spieler45 Wrote:Instead of searching Google, why don't you just type it into the address bar? Would this be more accurate. I was going to buy my zip code as a domain name and found that yellow pages dot com has their clutches on these.

Yes, I've tried that too. When I type an address with a domain name that has not been registered yet, the Safari browser tells me that the page so and so could not be open because so and so server could not be found. But I thought that maybe google would be helpful in that. Thanks, and thank you Zach for your input!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,873 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,940 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  What can you do with Cloud Search? Williamhawk 0 1,656 11-02-2017, 06:04 AM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,651 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  wix domain and google domain exabeesg 1 2,358 06-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Last Post: robert4u