Why MortgageBrokers.com 'making large profits'--netinchina.org.cn
MortgageBrokers.com 'making large profits'--netinchina.org.cn

Domain name news brought to you by netinchina.org.cn

Top generic domain name MortgageBrokers.com has been given a full bill of financial health by independent investment researchers.

Researchers Dutton Associates issued wholly positive reports tracking the progress of the company and its generic domain named site, giving it a 'strong speculative buying' rating.

According to Dutton Associates, MortgageBrokers.com was doing a good job of consolidating smaller brokerages into one powerful network and brand, achieving a 215 per cent quarterly increase in reported gross revenue for the months to June 2007.

The research firm said of the generic domain name site: "It is successfully addressing a large and growing mortgage market in Canada and will soon make its presence known in the United States mortgage market."

Commending the site's business strategy, Dutton added: "Brokers can better compete in the mortgage industry under one recognisable brand, and this model eliminates long-standing industry issues of agent retention, equity ownership, and exit strategy."

Expanding on the basis of its product specific generic domain name, the company was recently able to invest in 15 new mortgage and loan professionals to join its growing team.
I guess it pays to have those generic names! But the problem is they are so hard to get. To sell a name like that would mean making a respectable amount of money. I saw that for "Cheaptravel.com" they were asking 30K
I think 30K for Cheap travel is too much money to pay. I like the MortgageBrokers.com much more. It sound better, and has great words in it. I can see that it's worth it's price.
Aren't there certain names that you cannot use in urls because they are industry specific, or have been reserved for a certain segment of industry? Something about this just seems odd to me.

I could be wrong, though.
SageMother Wrote:Aren't there certain names that you cannot use in urls because they are industry specific, or have been reserved for a certain segment of industry? Something about this just seems odd to me.

I could be wrong, though.

I'd be curious to hear the answer to that.

I think it would depend on what country a site's registered in. Some sites were getting around paying music royalties for a while, depending on where they were based, but I think the industry's catching up to them now.
Taggart Wrote:I'd be curious to hear the answer to that.

I think it would depend on what country a site's registered in. Some sites were getting around paying music royalties for a while, depending on where they were based, but I think the industry's catching up to them now.

The "mortgage" in the domain name feels really odd to me when paired with the "netinchina.org.cn". Is it just me?
I thought Netinchina.org.cn was just reporting the domain name information, they don't own it. Right?
If that's following the mortgage, it sounds all wrong. I thought it was .com name. That's the only thing that sounds good with .com behind it.
SageMother Wrote:The "mortgage" in the domain name feels really odd to me when paired with the "netinchina.org.cn". Is it just me?

Hurgoll Wrote:I thought Netinchina.org.cn was just reporting the domain name information, they don't own it. Right?

Just google the OP's username and you'll probably get the idea. But...draw your
own conclusions afterwards.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Verisign can open up domain-tasting access--netinchina.hk WebGuru8 0 2,249 10-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Last Post: WebGuru8
  Lawyers.com makes many forays--netinchina.org.cn WebGuru8 0 2,429 10-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Last Post: WebGuru8
  How is people making money on "Second Life"? berlinlife06 27 10,060 04-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Grace