Why buy?
I would really not want to buy the domain if its already registered rather register something else
dwalliz Wrote:I hope that you get what you want. I know some owners refused to give up their com one because of the traffic they generate and they are making money off of it too.

Yeah. He/She can keep it. I won't pay big bucks for it. Smile
Actually I do both at the same time. I find on ebay sometimes, domain names for $1-4 registered for another 10 months or so, if I can use them, I'll buy it. Saves a few bucks in the long run, theres always domains with PR for sale for cheap. I saw a PR6 domain sell for $19 last week, unbelievable.
I prefer to be original and build my own brand.
I think to some extent it is the luck of the draw. You may have a name that a major company needs. They may have higher profits and offer a lot of money for your domain. I think this is gamble in most cases.
plenty of reasons, buy/resell, parking, or they can use it to build a website on. Personally I like building up domains and selling it after it receives a little PR. With enough time, I can make a good extra $15k or more from it a year not including adsense.
15,000 per year that would buy a few cookies and my other staple foods. If you haven''t lost money on it then you're a success.
well I have a full time job, I'm playing around with ideas still until I find the niche that will be most profitable that I'm intertested in.
a good domainname is useful!
15K...I would love to be able to make that kind of money from a site.