Would you have a contest?
I was reading about ideas to gain traffic, and one of the guys said that he did contests in his site to gain people. He offered for example a digital camera to the winner of the "most referrals" to his website. I believe that all those things, while interesting, will not attract the audience you are interested in. What do you think>
I think that is an excellent idea! And you could talk to some of those freebies sites (that post contest and coupons and etc) and you could probably get outrageous traffic from it! Hope this helps!
I would be inclined to try to send him traffice if I knew he was giving away a free camera. But then I posted a lot on a forum trying to win a free game!
There ya have it Berlin! You could say like one entry per day or something to keep folks coming back. What ya say?
Yes, ok, you get traffic... b ut what's the objective of the site then? just to get traffic? or to get people to buy stuff you offer or to click in your ads?? Thise are the things that I'm not sure about.
Berlin has a point. If all you want is traffic, it's going to work if the prize is a good one. But if you want people to buy things...that's a horse of a different colour!
berlinlife06 Wrote:Yes, ok, you get traffic... b ut what's the objective of the site then? just to get traffic? or to get people to buy stuff you offer or to click in your ads?? Thise are the things that I'm not sure about.

Some contest companies offer emails of the registered participants to build an opt in list. I just ran a contest thru a division of eprize called team caffiene. I was not happy with the fact they weren't so forthcoming with winner's names and such.
aquariancore Wrote:Some contest companies offer emails of the registered participants to build an opt in list. I just ran a contest thru a division of eprize called team caffiene. I was not happy with the fact they weren't so forthcoming with winner's names and such.
OK, but how did it help you on your site? did the contest brought more traffic to your site? Are you going to send e-mails to people that have given their e-mail so they'll put you as a spam on their blockers? Just curious.
Well I was on another site that had similar contest for a certain amount of registered members. They posted on a forum, and had a list of the winners each time.
Well, maybe if it is a forum what you are running, then that might be a good solution! After all, you want people participating there! But on your website, to have them win something but what if they don't buy what you have...?