Audio For Driving?
What kind of audio do you listen to while driving? I like classical music for rush hour, and I spend some time listening to talk radio for news and traffic updates.

On longer trips, I used to like audio books, too.
I listen to smooth jazz most of the time. If not that, then I listen to NPR to get the straight scoop on politics and environmental issues.
With my basic stereo sytem, I found that some music that had fairly loud passages and then very quiet passages had me "riding" the volume because the quiet parts would be drowned out with road noise.

Maybe I need a new stereo and a new car. Wink

Anyway, I found having the right audio on long trips really helped the time go by.
I listen to rock most of the time, then audio books on long trips. I generally listen to classical at home when I'm working so I don't take it in the car with me.
I haven't had a car since I moved to Berlin. in NY I used to listen to the radio in the morning, and then would listen to any cd I had with me. Here my GF has a car and she listens to her cds all the time when we ride together.
I like talk radio, both sides of the political and just random talk. Too much music and my mind gets sleepy. I have been planning on putting a "learn spanish quickly" mp3 on my player, but just haven't yet.
I'd listen to classic rock in the hours around 3 to 5 AM in the last few hours of a long trip.

Actually sometimes the nostalgia from my teenage music years would stimulate me and help keep me awake.