its a while since ive been a newbie
Well, on the grounds that when i read other intros they always seem short and don't really say a lot, here goes.

I'm Chris, an English guy living in France.
I first got in to domaining in the late 90's I was sick of paying high fees to register domains so i became a registrar for .co.uk (there was about 5 of us back then)

I invested a lot in domains, sold some at nice prices but never really got in to the internet in a domaining way, just mainly bought domains and never did anything to sell them.

about 8 months ago i decided to get in to the selling side of domains, Ive made some good profit selling domains i bought many moons ago.

then i saw Zach's domain book, so i bought it and here i am
DirDN Wrote:Well, on the grounds that when i read other intros they always seem short and don't really say a lot, here goes.

I'm Chris, an English guy living in France.
I first got in to domaining in the late 90's I was sick of paying high fees to register domains so i became a registrar for .co.uk (there was about 5 of us back then)

I invested a lot in domains, sold some at nice prices but never really got in to the internet in a domaining way, just mainly bought domains and never did anything to sell them.

about 8 months ago i decided to get in to the selling side of domains, Ive made some good profit selling domains i bought many moons ago.

then i saw Zach's domain book, so i bought it and here i am

well welcome, and good luckSmile
good on ya chris, surely some of the domains you bought in the 90's would be worth a packet. R u buying at the mo or developing or just selling off what uve got??
jgrimmond00 Wrote:good on ya chris, surely some of the domains you bought in the 90's would be worth a packet. R u buying at the mo or developing or just selling off what uve got??

sorry for my late return guys, its been hectic here, then i changed laptops and lost links etc, luckily i just got a PM from a Christian spammer, so the email reminded me and gave me the link Smile
Also earned some good money putting some of Zack's advice in to practice for some clients.

well jgr, if i had answered your question when you posted i would have said i was doing a bit of it all, but since the recession I have been concentrating on clearing the lower quality stuff out of my portfolio and developing the better ones.

I'm also buying but very selectively.

anyway, its good to be back and this time I'm here to stay
Chris, welcome back! It is always great to see a new face, even if it is an old face :-)
The threads have been a little bare for a while, unless you count the spam. I still love this forum and tell as many people about it as I can. I would love to see it grow.
Good luck in your domain business.
Thanks Dave, yes i know what its like building a forum, hard work, we have a couple of forums on different topics.

Well Ill be posting some bargains soon as im sorting my portfolio out.
Chris just out of curiosity, do you live in Paris? I go there a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie chrishamilton2 6 5,186 09-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Harry14
  newbie helper27 2 3,458 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Last Post: madelinekim
  Newbie sohail 2 3,233 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Last Post: ramaboy
  Hello I am a newbie to this site bakaisco 2 3,351 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: nifty5
  Hello All, Newbie (Well Kinda) CincyDomains 0 2,770 01-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Last Post: CincyDomains