page rank fraud
i bought a 5page rank domain, and i found out the hard way its fake,
*comf* That reeks. Any way of getting your money back? How is it fake?
There is a page rank fraud detector out there, but I just checked and can not find the url. If anyone knows it please post it up. It helps to check in advance. Unfortunately page rank fraud for link selling is pretty common now.
Anything to get a few bucks now in days. Good luck on getting a refund. I have been using this page rank fraud detection, I don't know if it is the same one you are referring to.

Fake PageRank Detection Tool and PR Check - detects Fraud - SEOLogs.com
Sunnybeach,

That is the same one I was thinking of, the Seologs one. Thanks for the link.
No problem! Wink This one is pretty reliable, it's been around for quite some time now. I guess great minds think alike. Big Grin
I have bookmarked this and it is completely appreciated. Thank you for posting it.
This is totally new to me. How do you actually make and let others believe that your page rank is 5? I'm curious. Not that I actually want to do it. Just curious.

Actually I quite unsuccessful with PR. I only have one PR3 site. Hehe.
Domaineer Wrote:This is totally new to me. How do you actually make and let others believe that your page rank is 5? I'm curious. Not that I actually want to do it. Just curious.

Actually I quite unsuccessful with PR. I only have one PR3 site. Hehe.

I think that google fixed this a few months ago.

People used to use "HTTP301 redirects" to fake PR. So they would enter this code:

< ?php
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("location:http://www.highPrSite.com");
exit;
?>

You could redirect a domain to site with high PR (like PR10 or PR9) and then wait for the next google update. Google would then assign the redirected PR to your domain. Then people would just remove the 301 redirect, and have a fake listing for 3 months.

Other people actually tested to see if googlebot was the visitor. If it was, they would show a 301 redirect. If it was a normal visitor, they would show their own site.
Okay a friend gave me this link and this site has some cool tools on it. I'll put you straight to the page rank tool area though so you don't have to fiddle around. The link is
LivePR.ezer.com Live PR PageRank tool | Google PR checker | Search Engine Optimization, Google Optimization

PS... incidently. I don't rank! Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Alexa rank in SEO? sonyrobin 10 3,327 03-30-2022, 10:43 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  What is more helpful in SEO? on-page or off-page? sinelogixtech 2 1,905 10-26-2018, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Rachana006
  on Page virginoilseom 3 2,261 08-09-2018, 05:46 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  Page rank sinelogixtech 3 2,741 06-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Last Post: sonyrobin
  Web page optimization strategy xiaolanzhuji 4 2,169 03-26-2018, 04:25 AM
Last Post: seoexploring
  on-page optimization virginoilseom 2 1,968 12-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Page hijacking virginoilseom 3 1,931 12-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  How important is Page Rank to you? Shole 6 3,686 12-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Last Post: virginoilseom
  On page techniques adibitar69 7 3,752 11-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Last Post: sadesh
  What’s the ideal speed for a site to load a web page? crackersguru 2 6,857 11-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech