www.richshcoolkid.com
Was going to use this domain, but ahh well... just thought it would be interesting - only paid $10 smackeroos for it! Any ideas on value (please dont shame me and say $10 :confused: )?
In terms of PURE domain value:
4 results in Google
0 SEARCHES in Yahoo per month.

So it isn't work a lot. But being an easy to remember phrase, the pure domain value is probably somewhere in the mid $xx.

If you develop the domain it could be worth A LOT. This is the type of domain which is easily branded and can really attract an end-user. By end-user, I mean someone willing to use it for development themselves with no planes to resell it. You could sell it in the $xxxx range if you brand it well and, depending on the site and the traffic/revenue, you could be looking at $xx,xxx.

Again, for a reseller market, you are looking at $xx.
Develop and brand it, you are looking at $xxxx or higher.
I agree with Zach. Probably better as something you build value in. Not a lot of natural value with that one.
thanks guys - yeah understand that now, thanks.
But is it [url]www.richschoolkid.com[/url] or [url]www.richshcoolkid.com[/url] ? Smile

Nice domain anyways.
zach,
going by pure domain value, does that mean that almost any domain with 'blogging' in it is going to be worth a lot if i build it to PR3 or PR4?

but then at that stage i could prob turn $5000-10000 off it every month in adsense and aff mktg, so to sell it at $x,xxx wouldnt be worth it, would it?

----
maybe you can give an idea, for something keyword rich and PR3+ what'd the values would be.

tks!
andreww38 Wrote:zach,
but then at that stage i could prob turn $5000-10000 off it every month in adsense and aff mktg, so to sell it at $x,xxx wouldnt be worth it, would it?

You can pick up any stick from off the ground, coat it with gold and diamonds, and turn it into an abstract artistic masterpeice. That would be worth a lot. However, the stick in its current state is not.

If we value things on their potential, then all domain valuations (and stick valuations) will be in the thousands and thousands of dollars. You do not pay thousands of dollars for a blank canvas because it has the potential of containing a fantastic peice of art. No, you pay for what is there.

Of course, and as I stated in my last post in this thread, if you develop the domain, it could be worth a lot. Develop it into a site which 'holds' people and keeps visitors coming back, and you have a miniture gold mine. But again, no one is going to pay for a gold mine if there is no gold mine there. You have to build a mine, and you might find gold.

I don't mean to sound harsh, and I am not saying that in a year that domain won't have a great site, but the domain as it currently stands is worth what I valued it at earlier. Develop it, and you might very well have a great site (and that name is very brandable, so it shouldnt be too hard).

Zach
Zach, this picture of a gold mine was a great way of explaining things about domain value. The work involved developing it, and what you start with are two important things as well.
thanks for the insight, much appreciated
zach Wrote:In terms of PURE domain value:
4 results in Google
0 SEARCHES in Yahoo per month.

So it isn't work a lot. But being an easy to remember phrase, the pure domain value is probably somewhere in the mid $xx.

If you develop the domain it could be worth A LOT. This is the type of domain which is easily branded and can really attract an end-user. By end-user, I mean someone willing to use it for development themselves with no planes to resell it. You could sell it in the $xxxx range if you brand it well and, depending on the site and the traffic/revenue, you could be looking at $xx,xxx.

Again, for a reseller market, you are looking at $xx.
Develop and brand it, you are looking at $xxxx or higher.

Exactly what he said. Not worth much if you keep it on-developed but advertise it and possibly build a temporary website for it and it could for some bigger bucks!