Domain Social Forums

Full Version: How often do you use photos on your site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I n oticed with my blog that when I put pictures up, I get more visitors and more returning visitors. I don't know if it is because of the pictures of not... after all, a picture is like a thousand words! I like blogs that use photos. What's your input on this one?
berlinlife06 Wrote:I n oticed with my blog that when I put pictures up, I get more visitors and more returning visitors. I don't know if it is because of the pictures of not... after all, a picture is like a thousand words! I like blogs that use photos. What's your input on this one?

Photos definitely draw interest more than a page full of text. My next step on a couple of my blogs is to use captioned photos between paragraphs to highlight affiliates or products that are related to my entries.
I like pictures, I think I am most likely to bookmark a site that often has new pictures.

For some reason I even visit those silly LOL CAT sites.
I'm experimenting with pictures with novelty appeal, such as this Honda Civic that was painted to look like the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard:

http://generalleehondacivic.blogspot.com/

In my case, I'd like to develop a magazine style site, but in general I think effective pictures would probably help any site.
I'm finally getting a digital camera, and I'm looking forward to take pictures and put them on my blog... I've been using my video camera, but I am excited about more resolution... we'll see how it goes!
i usually don't put pictures on my write-ups.
except if my articles are a bit short, or extra long,
just so my readers won't get bored.
also, it catches attention easily Wink
^ for personal photos, i post them only on my social networking accounts...
like friendster, myspace, etc... and set them to be displayed on my contacts ("friends") only Wink
I've been having a blast with my camera! I've taken some pictures and put them up on my blogs. I received some good feedback and the occasional anonymous comment being negative. But what counts is that I am having fun!