Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Server Domain Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have opened a Minecraft server with a hosting company. The IP it gave me is just numbers. Ex.) 23.234.234.234 Then the port number Ex.)  

I would like to have something along the lines of "play .name .com" or "name" for free. I have tried using Freedns, but it will not allow me to create a server domain with the port number.

If I do not include the port number it gets directed towards a different Minecraft server. Does anyone know how to fix this so it will let me host a sub domain over my servers IP (which includes a port number as well) Or if anyone knows where else I could get a free domain/sub domain so I can connect to my server without numbers?

Please help.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/server-support/2847738-server-domain-help

B2B Marketing Campaign
To allow external DNS server(s) of yours to do automatic synchronization to your domains, you must define a complete and accurate list of nameservers in the 'secondary' area in the domains ... Shared: Public - means anyone in FreeDNS can setup a hostname using that domain without the domain owner's approval.