Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Help for selling at Namecheap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I am new here... The website looks good, congrats to the webmasters.

I would like to know a bit more about selling at Namecheap... I hope there are some guys around who are used to sell/buy at Namecheap.

THE COUNTER THING
1/ I have placed some TLDs for sale (accept offers -> YES)
2/ I got some low offers so I keep denying them, nonetheless there is another tickbox which say "Counter" + Price.

I check on Namecheap manual to find out what "counter" means but foud nothing...
Any idea ???

DOMAIN SOLD
1/ I have placed some TLDs for sale (accept offers -> YES)
2/ I got some a very low offer at the closing date and my TLD was automatically pushed to the buyer despite the fact I had denied the offer.

Any idea why ??

Thanks everyone.

Tommyke
Nairobi, Kenya
Counter generally allows you to place a counter offer with the buyer. So if they give you a low ball offer, you can 'counter' that offer with a higher offer. If they accept your counter, the domain gets sold. Its basically a negotiation mechanism.

On the domain that got sold, maybe the price the buyer set passed your reserve? If this is not the case, or not applicable, i would suggest that you contact support@namecheap.com or use their form here: http://www.namecheap.com/contact.asp

Zach
Thanks Zach for your prompt response... Very hepful indeed.
zach Wrote:Counter generally allows you to place a counter offer with the buyer. So if they give you a low ball offer, you can 'counter' that offer with a higher offer. If they accept your counter, the domain gets sold. Its basically a negotiation mechanism.
That was my assumption but it's always good to have a confirmation...

zach Wrote:On the domain that got sold, maybe the price the buyer set passed your reserve? If this is not the case, or not applicable, i would suggest that you contact support@namecheap.com or use their form here: http://www.namecheap.com/contact.asp
Luckily, it was for a TLD that was expiring soon so it was cheap... Not a big loss.
Nonetheless, my asking price was 10 USD. I got an offer the last day (closing soon) of 5 USD. My account was automatically credited (this is the reason why I noticed it - Hey, I got some money to withdraw !!!). Then, I check my domai for sale, saw 1 offer, checked it and denied it but it was too late since it was already sold and automatically pushed to new owner.
From now, I always say "No offers"...

Again, thanks for your response. Much appreciated.
This forum seems great, I'll try to pass more often if I can.

Greetings from Africa

Tommyke
Nairobi, Kenya
I'm happy that you got everything sorted out Smile

See you around

Zach