Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Generating traffic to my domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody,

Currently I own 14 domain names and have parked them with namedrive and have submitted one of my sites to google. I'm pretty sure that google won't put it into their search engine though.

Anybody have any advice on generating real traffic to my domains? I don't know anything about web page building, but I'm willing to learn.

I see people in other forums that claim they're making $1000 a month on domain parking? I'm sure it could be possible, but how???

Thanks,

David
Those other people also seem to be selling a program on how you too can make money parking....the question to ask them is "did you make the money on the parked pages or off of selling your "program"?"
You can make money through domain parking through putting up ads. However, you're mostly capitalizing on typos and that sort of thing. You can't really "drive" traffic to such a site; you need to develop it to attract other types of traffic.
Have you tried looking for free content in the niche associated with each domain? Rotating a few articles coule draw some traffic without causing too much brain damage!
I think you're right about that. The amount being made while parking the domain is a good question. It must vary according to the circumstances.
SageMother Wrote:Have you tried looking for free content in the niche associated with each domain? Rotating a few articles coule draw some traffic without causing too much brain damage!

I'm new to these discussions of parked domains, but don't most of them have minimal content?

I think of them as fairly sparse sites that offer ownership of the domain name, which may be a decent name for a specific interest group.

Does that sound right?
Taggart Wrote:I'm new to these discussions of parked domains, but don't most of them have minimal content?

I think of them as fairly sparse sites that offer ownership of the domain name, which may be a decent name for a specific interest group.

Does that sound right?

Most do have minimal content, which slows the development, IMHO. Content that refreshes itself, such as feeds featuring complete articles, can help draw return traffic and, if I am not mistaken, will lead search engines to recognize the content resulting in traffic.

Or is my thinking totally off? It might be!

:whistle:
As a newbie -- It is hard to determine which is the best parking site...
your thoughts
I think many people exagerates about the amount of money they are making... I know -well, read about- a guy that was making nearly $2000 a month with his domains... only he didn't disclose that he was actually spending around $1500 in advertising a month... so actually he was only making $500... and I still have my doubts!
To make that kind of money is very hard to believe. Unless he has had those sites for years and been putting links to them on everysite he has visited for all those years. Maybe just maybe he has good traffic then to them. Hard part is getting people to click on your money making links when they get there and not just surf away.
Pages: 1 2