Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Sedo question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awhile back I emailed sedo and asked if my domains have to be older than 60 days to push to a buyer from their site. They told me yes, they do have to be over the 60 day period. Just now, I saw someone selling their domains on sedo and in his description he says that you must have a godaddy account for him to transfer the domains to.

If my domain names are brand new, can I still sell them on sedo? Or do I have to wait for the 60 day period???
Hi David

I'm not sure who you talked to at Sedo, but I believe that is incorrect.

There is a big difference between PUSH and TRANSFER. A "push" is a move within a single registrar (say from Godaddy to Godaddy, to take your example). A transfer is a move between registrars (for example, from Godaddy to Network Solutions).

You can push a domain to another account within 60 days, or after 60 days.. basically, you can push a domain whenever you want.

Generally speaking (as an ICANN policy), a domain can not be transfered to another account before 60 days have passed from a previous major domain change. These changes include:

1. The initial registration of the domain
2. A transfer to another registrar

So can you sell your domain on sedo if it's brand new? Sure, I don't see why not.

Unless Sedo has recently enacted a weird policy that checks the whois data of the domain, which I seriously doubt, then it shouldnt be a problem! Just go ahead and try to list it. If you can technically do it, then you're all set! But again, you should be fine.

Zach
Zach is right.. SEDO will let you sell your domain whatever the birthdate of it. So feel free to buy from GoDaddy all you want and park, sell and auction your domains right away. That's what I do.