Domain Social Forums

Full Version: domain names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys i am quite new in domain names and i would like to ask for a tip.

Let's assume that i after an overture search i come up with the following terms for registering a domain:

Hair Loss Woman
Hair Loss Shampoo
Hair Loss Organin
Man Hair Loss

Assuming that the domains are unregister, should i try to register a domain keeping the sequence. For example http://www.hairlosswoman.com or hairlosshampoo.com etc , or is it better to change either the sequence or some words? What is the ideal?
Nice examples, I think I know where you got those from Smile

To answer your question, it's better to keep the word order. People want to type in something that makes sense. LossWomanhair.com makes little sense if any at all.

SpaceShuttle is better than Shuttlespace.com

Zach
These are great to read and I wonder which sounds better to you. The word order is important and makes it easy to use. When you flip the word in front it doesn't make any sense at all.
Yeah I was just to lazy to think some examples by my self...

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

I would also like to say hi to everyone in the forumWink
Hey Fleahol! Welcome to the group. I've learned so much from the ebook and this forum.
fleahol Wrote:Hi guys i am quite new in domain names and i would like to ask for a tip.

Let's assume that i after an overture search i come up with the following terms for registering a domain:

Hair Loss Woman
Hair Loss Shampoo
Hair Loss Organin
Man Hair Loss

Assuming that the domains are unregister, should i try to register a domain keeping the sequence. For example http://www.hairlosswoman.com or hairlosshampoo.com etc , or is it better to change either the sequence or some words? What is the ideal?

Hello and welcome.

They have already answered for you, but I wanted to say hi anyway. Smile

I wonder, if you place the english in our sentence structure, would you place spanish in theirs? You know with the adjective after the word. I think that is how they do it.
Hey guys, since i am quite new in the area of domain names I would like to ask one more question.

I registered a domain last night from1&1.com and I was very happy with my new domain. However, next afternoon i received the following email:

Unfortunately, the domains you have requested were not available
or could not be registered due to the policies of the
registration authority (NIC).....blablabla

Can someone tell me what this NIC is? I paid the fee for the registration, so I hope that I didn't ge charged

I don't know whether it was a coincidence or not, but I received this email at the moment I got the "whois results" for my domain, using http://whois.domaintools.com
fleahol Wrote:Hi guys i am quite new in domain names and i would like to ask for a tip.

Hair Loss Woman
Hair Loss Shampoo
Hair Loss Organin
Man Hair Loss

I would stay with the suggested word order as it seems a more natural search request. If you really get the itch to have a different word order you can use it in the content, assuming that you will be adding text to a site under your chosen domain name.
Hi fleahol, it's good to see you here.

I agree with the above posters, but of the examples you've provided I'd say that "Hair Loss Shampoo" makes the most sense to me, because it seems like a more natural sequence of words, in English anyway.

I'll see you around. Wink
Most native English speakers do that Tater and ignore the rules of grammar. It's ok because what "sounds" right generally is the correct way. Not always, but generally.
Pages: 1 2