Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Last call for .Asia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From mailing:

If you haven't had a chance to place your order for .ASIA domains during the Landrush Period, there's still time!

Until tomorrow, make sure to visit a .ASIA accredited registrar to submit your .ASIA applications!

Here's how:
  1. Apply for a domain name by submitting your application to a .ASIA accredited registrar. Only one of your registration contacts must reside in the Asia/Pacific region, making the .ASIA presence requirements easy criteria to meet.

2. If yours is the only application for a specific domain, then you will be awarded the domain. If multiple applications are received by the registry for the same domain, an auction will ensue among those who have submitted applications. At the close of the Landrush period, you will be informed of the status of your domain application.
As a preview, the .ASIA Registry has already received almost 300,000 domain applications in the first 24 hours of Landrush. Don't miss your opportunity to get the domains you want! .ASIA will then go live on March 20, 2008.

For more information on .ASIA Landrush, visit www.DotAsia.org.
I was wondering if these included China? I got this from an MSMBC article concerning China's policies on the internet.

The year 2007 saw increased efforts to control and censor the Internet, and the government tightened restrictions on freedom of speech and the domestic press," the report says of China. "The government continued to monitor, harass, detain, arrest, and imprison journalists, Internet writers and bloggers."
That's an interesting point. I think I've heard of some issues like that with domains in China, too.

Is there another type of domain with four letters in the suffix like .ASIA?
China has some pretty bad rumours going around about it regarding the internet but it is still one of the most quickly developing countries in Asia, you can be sure a large number of the order for the .ASIA domain came from the Chinese government and businesses.
That's what I was wondering if it was fact or just rumor? If it is fact then you must consider it before buying them. How does it affect the domain working in China? If it isn't true then they must have some value.
That's the first thing I thought about when reading the introduction as well. If these aren't going to be government owned then they may be a good idea to buy up because .asia should have some considerable value.
That's something to think about really though, with the increasing censorship (apparently) in China, how will the .ASIA domain name be affected by the Chinese government? They may try to keep it to themselves or simply cancel the domains on those of us from outside China who have bought them. It's a risky business.
The obvious conclusion to this is #1 - people will be buying these .Asia domains. #2 - they will be valuable to have. #3 - they cannot control everything having to do the with the will of the Chinese people.
You would be surprised what the can control however yes, people will be buying them and yes they will be valuable so it would be a good idea to snatch up a load of them now.
the ideea is first came,first served;not neccesary a live auction
Pages: 1 2