Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Something to remember....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got my usual email from Seo-News.com, and regardless of the other things they may be trying to accomplish, an ad addressing another search engine's perks is featured.

There are other search engines, just waiting to fill that gap that Google is creating, and they are starting to assert themselves more.

I think I am going to invest some time in finding some of the better deals with them!
That is indeed something to remember... perhaps even a good idea to research and invest some money into those engines. I think Google and Yahoo will still be the biggest, but a little competition might be good for everybody.
SageMother, this is something that you and I were discussing before so I'm definitely interested in the topic. Are there any names that you came across in the newsletter? Otherwise let me know if you learn anything about viable alternatives because I'd like to learn more about it myself.
I have yet to find another search engine that gives the results I want, though, so I'm not sure I'm willing to switch over to a smaller competitor or even invest in them. Could you share some of your findings?
Kitten Wrote:I have yet to find another search engine that gives the results I want, though, so I'm not sure I'm willing to switch over to a smaller competitor or even invest in them. Could you share some of your findings?

I haven't started making sweeping changes to any of my sites, and I submit to any search engine that looks decent using Web CEO. Since I don't run any Google ads, I pay little attention to Google.

Beginning in May, I am going to start looking at statistics more, to see how things are shaping up. I will do this until midsummer, then start ignoring them again!

If I start sweating numbers, I start hating what I do.
SageMother Wrote:There are other search engines, just waiting to fill that gap that Google is creating, and they are starting to assert themselves more.

I'm not sure what you mean by the gap that Google is creating.

Is that a reference to them sort of rubbing some people the wrong way who are advertising with them as opposed to using their search engine? :confused:
I think some people believe that Google is starting to have a monopoly and more control than they should have over search engines...
Taggart Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by the gap that Google is creating.

Is that a reference to them sort of rubbing some people the wrong way who are advertising with them as opposed to using their search engine? :confused:

There is a segment of the market that wants to have final say over their own site's content. Google tends to work against that.

There is a segment of the market that is just starting out, and cannot afford to use Adwords, and they need to use other alternatives to get started.

Google seems to be tightening their requirements enough that is may son be counter productive for small businesses to use what is offered, then taken away.

These sites are the ones left in limbo, and are in the "gap".
I know what you mean about 'sweating numbers'. So far I've always kept SEO in the back of my head while writing but the day I start keywording every single article I write is probably the same day I give up the ghost with my online projects.
This is something that I should take into account. I would love to learn more about this. I hope you could update us regarding this matter. It would be nice to have options other than Google, Yahoo and the others.
Pages: 1 2