Domain Social Forums

Full Version: mobi not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:o Is the jury still out on .mobi? Or did the verdict come in and I missed it? Where can I find some current articles and/or discussions about it ? Opinions, PLEASE!
Funny pun in the title Dulcinea. As far as .mobi, I'm not holding my breath. I think it's all hype from the mobile developers. My opinion.
mom2manyboyz Wrote:Funny pun in the title Dulcinea. As far as .mobi, I'm not holding my breath. I think it's all hype from the mobile developers. My opinion.

I've gotta agree. It might have a market, but I don't think it's going to become that popular, so don't bank on it too much. Then again, that's just my opinion, so I could be entirely wrong, haha.
I was curious about this after it came up in conversation with someone last week and found this site that offers links and info about the listing: Mobi Directory. This is still pretty new - domains were starting to be registered in late 2006/2007. Time will tell but I pretty much agree with the general consensus (above).
I tend to agree with the above. I think when new concepts really take off, we hear about the successes of them, rather than questions and speculation. That's just my take on it.
Yeah not going to be a big market for them, since most websites not adapts for both PC and Mobile users
I really don't see it taking off. I did some more research and it seems to have had a bit of buzz last year but it has subsided.
I also agree that the hype was a lot before the introduction of the iPhone. But the problem is that until it is something really massive, the value of .mobi domains will not really take off.
I just talked to a friend who said he lost money on mobi - he wouldn't go into details into that . Any thought of how he lost money? Curious...
hmmm...i wonder how long it will actually take .mobi to really take off.