Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Twitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do any of you use Twitter to drive traffic to your site? Do you have any tips for optimizing your time there?
I have a twitter account and have yet to use it. Personally, I don't see an advantage when it comes to drawing traffic. One in 1,000 people might read your entry, and several thousand more have to read it to get one visit.

I imagine there is someone out there who uses Twitter traffic successfully, but I can't see how the traffic would any different from that which flows from one of the smaller search engines.
I keep hearing about Twitter as well but don't really have a clue as to how to use it successfully. I perused their main site but ended up opting not to sign up for a membership considering I don't know if I could capitalize on it well enough.
Sage, the key is to not spend a ton of time there. Leave it open in a tab, occasionally step in every so often throughout the day, build connections, etc.....and when you have a following, you're more likely to get people to click links you have posted. It won't happen overnight, though.
I've never heard about it, but I'm curious about.

In some of the above posts, it kind of sounds to me like a new search engine and in others, it sounds like a social networking site.

I'll keep my eyes open for it.
This is the first time I hear of Twitter. What is it all about? I am not a fan of getting traffic in "artificial" ways for my sites, but I'm always willing to learn something new. So, what's the deal?
Kitten Wrote:Sage, the key is to not spend a ton of time there. Leave it open in a tab, occasionally step in every so often throughout the day, build connections, etc.....and when you have a following, you're more likely to get people to click links you have posted. It won't happen overnight, though.

Well that sounds a lot easier than I thought it would be!

I think I will set out a block of time, like a month, and try your suggestion to see what happens!
I think it might be helpful to set up a little weekly schedule for social network activities.

My schedule would place social networks in the morning while I sip my coffee, leaving one tab open for the rest of the day as I write articles and do other promotional tasks. Otherwise I could end up wasting a lot of time just looking around a site to see what everyone else is doing!
I have heard a lot about Twitter from other friends online. I have heard both positive and negative comments about it. I looked it up and read about how it works. I haven't signed up with them yet as I do not see anything beneficial. Well, at least for me.
SageMother Wrote:I think it might be helpful to set up a little weekly schedule for social network activities.

My schedule would place social networks in the morning while I sip my coffee, leaving one tab open for the rest of the day as I write articles and do other promotional tasks. Otherwise I could end up wasting a lot of time just looking around a site to see what everyone else is doing!

Yeah, definitely. People end up getting sucked into it, so that's why I think it's key to just leave it up and casually do it from time to time.
Pages: 1 2