Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Why you need...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a good general introductory paragraph for a letter to an end user, explaining 'why you need more than one domain name for your business' ? I think there are a few other newbs here that would like some assistance also. Especially if English is their second language. I think it's a pretty new concept for most companies, having several names, or is it?
No, but I'd like to know what the answer to that question is.... Why do they need more than one domain?
Quote- More and more successful businesses are using several domain names to point traffic to their main site. More traffic =more business.

Example : Miamivacationrentals.com might want to add Miamicondovacations.com, Rent mymiamibeachhouse.com, etc. The other 2 link directly to the first, your site gets better search engine position. More variations, more hits. This is very good news for domainers, I think, as this trend catches on. I understand it's not very expensive to add on another name or two. Isn't web business going to get more and more and more competitive? I just sent a letter to a real estate company locally, explaining this and also mentioned that they might want to buy my name just to get if off the market!

Google - Why register multiple domain names
Well Dulcinea...how did you word your letter?
(or the introduction part?)