Domain Social Forums

Full Version: 2nd "MUST READ" OF THE DAY!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[SIZE="6"]WHO CAN STEAL DOMAIN NAMES? AND "HOW"

A MUST READ......

[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]
http://blog.domaintools.com/2008/01/NETW...CONFIRMED/[/SIZE][/COLOR]

:whistle: Cool
This is old news, but thanks for reminding again and well making aware those who don't know about this.
Yes thats a good article, thanks for the link.

Jay has a good blog and I really appreciate what he does.

Zach
Hi,

I played a small game today, with this smarty registrar/ domain stealer and took some screen-shots. I am figuring out a way to post those screen-shots. Once I do, I will post a new thread on the game. Incidentally, we can give 'em a run for their money! Just lookout for my post.

Sherlock Holmes himself could'nt have done better! CONGRATULATIONS Sri! And game well played! Thank you so much for taking such a smart initiative and letting us know about it. You played them BRILLIANTELY!
They are the big sharks of the industry and proceed stealing thousands of names without impunity. The regulators (ICANN) should certainly be informed of that (common) practice, as well as GrassRoot and other concerned authorities in the business! Their so-called "registrar accreditation" should be removed from them. But most importantly, innocent domainers should be made aware of such a high-level scam.

Job well done Sri! Again, all my deepest congratulations. You deserve all my respects for having out-maneouvered them so brilliantely!

Big Grin

Chris
Definitely take this seriously! I've actually had this happen to me a few years ago, but not with Network Solutions. I checked a domain name's availability, but decided not to register it. The very next day, it was registered by a "Chesterton Holdings". Now, I only use the Interic whois.