Domain Social Forums

Full Version: To Zach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello again my Best Forum Friend!

This time I made a "fatal" mistake. It was very late into the night, early morning, and I registered (as a domain name) an existing TRADEMARK!

Only 2 days later I saw and realized my mistake. I ask my registrar to immediately cancel and remove such domain from my portfolio, and I waived any claim on any refund from the registrar for the initial registration fee. (I am still expecting their reply).

Obviously I am aware (and careful) about existing trademarks when I register my domain names. But this one slipped my attention until I caught myself being in infringement.

This was a "non intended" error on my part and my record will show that I have never and will never use such domain name for any commercial purposes.

Zach, can you please tell me where the real solution to this issue is before I get all the big Wall Street Corporate lawyers on my a...

:confused:
Hey

My unoffocial recommendation is that it dosen't matter if you have a trademark domain. They will probably just go to an arbitration centre and get the domain pushed to their account. In this case, you would lose the domain and th einitial investment (registration fee), but you won't lose anything else.

Zach

Thank you Zach for such an "accurate" and "on the point" answer (as I already found out from reading many WIPO decision reports) this past weekend!
I must confess that most of my designed registered domains fall under the 'easy" category of cyberquatting. This is nothing new anyway. But it is a very debatible issue for all domainers. Walking on the grey line has its risks. For me it all worthwhile... especially that I am fully aware of it now!

What is life worth without risk?

I learnt so much here on DomainSocial that I will never be able to repay you for it.

Grabbing every little inch available on the web positioning situation is the key. Isn't it?

Rolleyes
Don't worry if you cancelled it, it showed it was registered by mistake, like zach said even if you kept it, worse is to push it to them by court order. they will usually threaten you to give up the domain to them before it goes to court anyway

Smart reply Takwa!

Wink