Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Dreamhost.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I use dreamhost.com and I love them. FOr $9.95 a month, I get 20GB of storage, 1TB/month transfer, unlimited domain name hosting and unlimited emails. I have been with them for 2 months and have no complaints.

http://www.dreamhost.com
That's ALOT of transfer!
Sounds to me as if they overload their servers, they're probably thinking that no one will be using all of their space / transfer. It'll eventually come back and bite them in the ass, as they have to move people to other servers or get a lot of complaints about slow loading times and unstable servers.
Ok ...what should one look for in the way of a hosting site. Can someone give the stats we should shop fo? Thanks.
vicki2 Wrote:Ok ...what should one look for in the way of a hosting site. Can someone give the stats we should shop fo? Thanks.

Seph isn't saying that the problem is that the stats are not good enough, but that they are too good. They probably indicate the host is trying to pack as many websites onto a server as possible.

In general, it depends on what your website popularity will be and what kind of content it will host. If you will have a lot of big files, you need big disk space, and if you transfer those files to a lot of visitors, you need a lot of transfer. If you plan to use auto-responders, check whether they have them, and so on. The best indicator of a good host is how much attention they spend on their server quality and support.
In everyone's experience, who are the best hosts then? There have to be other stories!
I am thinking of starting my own internet radio station. I love listening to music and talking to people. Does anyone know of a good and inexpensive host for something like that?
vicki2 Wrote:In everyone's experience, who are the best hosts then? There have to be other stories!

I have been with a few and Dreamhost.com is the best by far.

True, they may be over-advertising themselves, hoping that no one will use that 1TB of transfer per month, but every hosting company does that nowadays. These companies offering a begginers package to a newbie consumer of 20GB??? What for?? A newbie website MIGHT have 2MB worth of content IF they have several photos in there added to the site. So I think that can be said about any hosting company.

I have been with dreamhost for a few months now and I can't complain about them.
angelbabyw2pointoh Wrote:I am thinking of starting my own internet radio station. I love listening to music and talking to people. Does anyone know of a good and inexpensive host for something like that?

There are actually some blog sites which are offering podcasting for free these days. There was one called podcasting.com but I'm not certain it is still around. The person who bought the domain name set it up but was such a novice that she may have given up. It's a great domain name and is just sitting there, I think.

There's also one called pawdcasting.com but I'm not certain what is going on with it either.
Dreamhost.com sounds like a wonderful service.
Pages: 1 2 3 4