Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Chicago Bears Sackwatch 2018: Week 4 vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even though the Chicago Bears have given up 9 sacks in the first three weeks Womens Cody Parkey Jersey , I thought their pass protection has been solid. Pass pro with a young quarterback is a challenge at times, and as Mitchell Trubisky settles in and gains familiarity in the offense, his pocket presence will improve and we’ll see the sacks decrease. That’s exactly what we saw on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Trubisky looked comfortable in the pocket and he, for the most part, remained calm and was delivering strikes all over the field (including to his left). Pro Football Focus had the Bears pass protection only allowing 4 total pressures in Trubisky’s 28 drop backs. With one sack allowed on Sunday, let’s take a look at the historical Sackwatch after 4 games to see how the offense did under previous play callers. 2010 - 18 Martz2011 - 15 Martz2012 - 13 Tice2013 - 6 Trestman2014 - 8 Trestman2015 - 9 Gase2016 - 11 Loggians2017 - 8 Loggains2018 - 10 NagySack 10 - First Quarter 10:05 - Jason Pierre-PaulJPP had three sacks on the season heading into the game, and he’s compiled over 60 in his nine career, so he’s a guy you have to be cognizant of. I thought the Bears. and left tackle Charles Leno Jr., did a very good job against him all afternoon. Even on this particular sack, Leno does a good job. He keeps his body between JPP and the pocket where his quarterback should be. It’s the edge pressure from the opposite side that flushes Trubisky into Pierre-Paul’s waiting arms. Right tackle Bobby Massie was just beat around the edge by Vinny Curry (#97). It was nothing fancy by Tampa’s defensive end. He just extended his inside arm to keep Massie off him and kept working around. Massie’s feet looked good, but when his punch didn’t connect first http://www.bearsfootballauthentics.com/p...-authentic , he just wasn’t quick enough to stay with Curry. Trubisky tried to evade the rush, but his escape went outside of Leno’s block, which allowed JPP to get the look-what-I-found sack. If Massie’s guy doesn’t flush Trubisky into Pierre-Paul this sack doesn’t happen, so I’m giving the sack allowed to Massie.Individual Sackwatch after week 4:Mitchell Trubisky - 4.5Sacks Happen - 2Kyle Long - 1Bobby Massie - 1Dion Sims - .5Charles Leno - .5Erik Kush - .5One more thing, check out the interior of the Bears o-line and watch how Kyle Long (RG) and Cody Whitehair © pick up the twist in front of them. The twist came late, and the patience from the two Bears helped them flawlessly work together.Fantasy Football Forum - Week 2 Welcome to week 2 of the fantasy football calendar where all half you had your dreams of a perfect season dashed onto the rocks. We’re already dealing with a bit of a miniature crisis as the tight end position, already shallow, took two major blows. The first was a season-ending injury for Delanie Walker, the Titans steady performer. A nasty ankle injury ends his season and, at age 34, may have played his last snap. Walker has been a perennially underrated tight end in real life and in the fake football game we play and while I didn’t have him on any of my teams http://www.bearsfootballauthentics.com/k...-authentic , this one hurts. The second injury was to our old friend Greg Olsen, who re-fractured his foot on Sunday. Absolutely brutal news for one of the great men in the league. The Panthers have not put him in season-ending IR and appear willing to carry him on the roster in hopes that he can make a recovery. Olsen was able to return last year but he simply wasn’t very effective when on the field. Store him in an IR slot if that’s available to you and see what happens but set your expectations low. Olsen and Walker were in my top 6 in my preseason rankings, so this is a major blow to the position. I lost Olsen in two leagues and replaced him with Jared Cook before the Monday Night game and with Austin Sefarian-Jenkins on a waiver claim. I certainly don’t “trust” either of those two players and I’ll have my eye out for any break out candidates. A few names that might be on your wire that you should consider:Ben Watson: Caught 4 balls for 44 yards back on the Drew Brees offense. You can do worse than catching a piece of that offense.Ricky Seals-Jones: Didn’t do much with his 4 targets, but the Arizona Cardinals are high on this guy.Jonnu Smith: Walker’s replacement for the Titans who had some preseason buzz attached to him. Next man up. Jesse James: The Steelers have a ton of weapons and he’s never been consistent, but that offense has the capability to put up a lot of points. Your turn. Are you pumped about your squad or ready to hit the drop button on the whole team? Questions on start/sit, trades, and streamers, hit up the comments below.