Domain Social Forums

Full Version: does keyword placement matter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I was wondering whether keyword placement matters. Especially when there are words between a keyword phrase. For instance, does the following text on a page:

free computer books

mean:
  1. free computer books
  2. free computer
  3. free books
  4. computer books
?

Or does it only mean the first oprion?
Keyword placement relative to other keywords is important. "Free Computer Books" is much more relevant for a search on "Free Computer Books" than, I was feeling so Free while working on my computer typing out my new Book."
Density is important as is having the keyword phrase in the article title, first sentence, and exact at a density of at least 1% but preferably 2.3% at least.
Yeah I agree. Placement is important as well. For most effect it should be in the title and/or headers.
On the other hand, don't go nuts with keywords. I detest reading articles which are so blatantly keyword-rich.
triumph Wrote:Keyword placement relative to other keywords is important. "Free Computer Books" is much more relevant for a search on "Free Computer Books" than, I was feeling so Free while working on my computer typing out my new Book."

But in that example, the keyword density isnt the same.

In terms of density, a search for "Free Computer Books" is 100% relevant to:
"Free Computer Books"

But only about 25% revelant to:
I was feeling so Free while working on my computer typing out my new Book."

My question is, do 'free computer books' and 'free books computer' in a Page title, for example, represent the same relevance to a search engine?

Wow , lots of info, Thankx, Echos