Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Are forums good for search engines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So do you guys think forums are good for search engines? I did a little reading on it and found that it depends on whether you use vbulletin or the other one (can't remember the name off the bat).
PhpBB and Vbulliten are the big ones.

When you ask whether they are good for search engines.. not more so than other sites. You can make your forum easier to crawl though, by rewritting urls and so on.
vbulletine is good for seo.
you may have heard about vbseo.
It helps the forum regarding to search engine optimization.
vB is very good I heard. When you have the word "forums" in your Forum Title I heard that brings in more search results. Like just the name without "forums" brings in a lot less results.
-thoma- Wrote:vB is very good I heard. When you have the word "forums" in your Forum Title I heard that brings in more search results. Like just the name without "forums" brings in a lot less results.

Well that would make sense if the word forum were in the title that they would get more hits, it is a keyword and in the title. I would expect that. I really like Vbullitien, especially this site...Wink
Quote:When you have the word "forums" in your Forum Title I heard that brings in more search results. Like just the name without "forums" brings in a lot less results.

Yeah, good point. I'll have to remember to include that. Sometimes it is easy to overlook the obvious. Smile

Forums are great, then, because other people are updating your site for you.
duck Wrote:Yeah, good point. I'll have to remember to include that. Sometimes it is easy to overlook the obvious. Smile

Forums are great, then, because other people are updating your site for you.

How do other people update your site? I am confused.
I guess I don't mean "update". I mean that forums add fresh content for you. Smile
Oh...okay, that make sense. Thanks for the clarification.
So they just add content , by posting on the forums?? Thankx, Echos
Pages: 1 2