Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Do you have a domain developed that really makes money?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been reading all over and see that many people have domains parked, but not so many have them developed. I am a firm believer that a good site can bring a lot of money... Am I wrong to think this? Am I just creating a fantasy in my head? If you have a good domain name, and you develop it into a pretty good site, how much money are we talking about? I want to hear from people that actually have made money out of this! Am I being just an idealist?
I definately agree. A developed site can bring in a good amount of money.

If you ae getting money from parking, then developing your site will, in most cases bring in more. Figure out what your visitors are looking for and build your site around that.

By developing your name, you gain more control over your visitors. You enter a completely different world, where you have more options for monetization. Whereas in a parked site you can not encourage visitors (because it is against most terms of service agreements), you can use Search Engine Optimisation and paid advertising on developed sites.

More importantly, you actually make your site into a resource... that is, you turn it into a fake page which exists soley to make money into something that visitors are looking for.

I continuously develop my portfolio of parked names into developed names. As for the money, it depends on the niche. One site brings in about $260 a month on adsense. Without development it would bring in less than $1 a month. Another site brings in hundreds more, and again, without development, would be worth nothing or very little.

Zach
I noticed that the best way to make money off of a domain is to develop it and have ads on it. Parking domains doesn't bring in much money usually. THe only way I pay for my web expenses is through ads.

Ads are also very tiny and don't use up much space on a page so always leave room for them in the layout. Then many ads providers provide different types of ads, some are horizontal and some are vertical.

I would stay away from pop-up ads though, visiters don't usually like those kind because they are as annoying as hell.

Well I hope this helped.
Pop-ups really are annoying.

It does seem like ad revenue is the way to go. I've been trying to avoid ads for the most part, but I may have to give in.
Sadly, I don't have one. I have one site that makes around $10 a month without me doing much.

I am working on creating a great money making website. I know it takes time and effort to do so.
Very interesting posts and it because I always wanted to get into the market, and I just realized it would take more to parked your domain just to make some money.
Well it depends on your website, if it has an original idea, something that people will love that would surely bring you more money. Well Sophie good luck then Smile

I personally don't have one, but planning to do something for good!
Developing a website will definately make you more money, because people will have a reason to come back, and you will attract new visitors.
It appears in any industry there are those that get the thrill of speculating deals.
The real deal will be hark work that is put into a site, which it takes time and effort. But the end result is a successful and prosperous domain with growing number of people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4