Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Deciding on a domain name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When it comes to deciding on a domain name it can be hard to find one that works for your site and that isn't already taken by someone else. How long do you find it takes to think of a domain that works and is not taken? 

I remember with the domain I have now it took me a good few hours to think of something that worked and wasn't taken. For as simple as the domain name is you wouldn't think it took me as long.
I usually have a fairly good idea of what name I want to use and I tend to look for that when searching for a domain name to purchase. If the domain name is taken I will try and change the name around a little to sound the same but still mean the same and that usually gets me my domain. It can take a while but I always get there in the end.
It is rather difficult task to select available domain when you don't have specific idea with multiple options in mind.
We bring a lot suggestion to help you decide best domain. Visit here to Book domain https://hostingsafety.com/cart.php?a=add...n=register
We offer best web hosting in Pakistan. Cheap web hosting companies in Pakistan. Sky Host – leading company provides top 10 web hosting services. Latest unlimited dedicated web hosting server plans at Sky Host.
(02-18-2016, 03:32 PM)Shortie861 Wrote: [ -> ]When it comes to deciding on a domain name it can be hard to find one that works for your site and that isn't already taken by someone else. How long do you find it takes to think of a domain that works and is not taken? 

I remember with the domain I have now it took me a good few hours to think of something that worked and wasn't taken. For as simple as the domain name is you wouldn't think it took me as long.

I totally agree with this fact. short and suitable TLDs are not available nowdays, since many businesses have already booked short domains thereby before deciding any domain, we must have many options in mind to check out the availability of it.
I would like to add one more value here: Snap article link for the best suggessions: https://hostingsafety.wordpress.com/2017...s-success/
Yes, it is really hard to find domain names. While choosing a domain name, one should be very innovative.
The domain name is the most important aspect of your website.
It may make or destroy your business, so choosing a domain name that works for you is critical.

Use the Appropriate Domain Extensions (.com, .org, .net)
Short Is Better Than Long
Make Sure It's Easy To Type
Brandable Is Better Than Generic
Numbers and hyphens should be avoided.
Consider Using Keywords That Reflect Your Website's "Niche"
Consider the long term rather than the short term.
Make sure it isn't already trademarked or in use.