Domain Social Forums

Full Version: How is people making money on "Second Life"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've heard about Second Life not too long ago. I try to get in, I registered and everything, chose a cure name... but then when I dowloaded the thing and try to get in, I found out my computer is too old for it, and the processor is too slow to run in Second Life. So, I'm curious, how does it work? how can you make money there? Is anybody there? Just curious about it...
That sounds interesting. But what exactly is it???
Wow, I did not know one could make money. I guess if you posted for them , or wrote content.? I am confused though. I belong to second life forum, Is this the same. I am thinking not????
The same thing happened to me with second life! I can't run it on my old Piece of Crap.

Apparently second life is a virtual world where time passes whether you're there or not. It's like a second universe. You plug in by using your computer, and you can set up shop, deposit your REAL WORLD money into SL Dollars and then do commerce on it. You can design cool outfits taht your sims can use and you buy/sell/trade with SL money, which later you can convert to real money. YOu can even sell your SL account (with a huge amnt of SL$) to someone in RealLife. etc.
I saw a little piece of news about Second Life on CNN international. Even Reuters has an office there! There are people that "bought" land in Second Life and are selling it to other users, because they have created their own little world, with a house and everything that virtually can exist. So, it is more of a design, not writing. Interacting with the people there is like a video game, is all 3D. The "new" people are recognized by their clothes that they can exchange later, when thay can design and choose different clothes... I mean, the imagination has no limits!
My heavens, I had no idea. It was presented to me as just another part of my network group. This forum is so informative, I can`t believe it. Thankx guys.
I can see it now: someone will eventually sell a DVD titled "how to make lots
of money in Second Life". Big Grin
Well, some people think it's a gold mine, others think it's a pyramid scheme.

LiveDigitally.com Wrote:So, want to take advantage of the Second Life “gold mine”? Jump on the bandwagon and ride the gravy train as long as you can. That is, until the pyramid begins to crumble…

It's basically for tech savvy users to be geeky. Read the whole blog/article here.
I have no idea really how it works since I haven't even been able to get in there. What I saw on CNN was like a 3D game, people moving around and stuff, and you can buy a piece of land and develop it within the site. The thing is the development is more of a design thing than content, except for the Reuters office. The "gold mine" is directed to the potential advertisers that want to get in there and have a piece of the land. The ones making more money are precisely designers, because they have bought land and they are selling their designs. I gues, that one can have a "theater" there, be the owner and show your own movies, for example, and charge a fee for ticket. I was looking to be a sexual therapist in there! LOL!!!!
Thats the weirdest thing I have heard. I really was very ignorant of that whole forum, when I joined.
Pages: 1 2 3