Domain Social Forums

Full Version: The prices shocket me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After being here for a while, I thought I could consider my self not such a beginner, and I felt that way until yesterday... I was looking at a list of prices for registering domains, and of course the cheapest were the .com, which was $6.95 a year. Then there were the .MOBI for $19.95, and then I saw the .TV for $34.95 a year!! Why such a big difference in this types of domains? Is it a good investment to get into them? Anyone?
I never buy domains other than .com, .net and .info. I am a cheapskate and rather risk averse.

Some people buy .mobi because it's the next big thing.
Sophie Wrote:I never buy domains other than .com, .net and .info. I am a cheapskate and rather risk averse.

Some people buy .mobi because it's the next big thing.

I'm not only cheap, am also a coward! even though I must admit I keep thinking that maybe those domains really could be an interesting investment, but still too coward to just go for it (and my partner laughs out loud as I open up the reality of my mind!)
But why are thos .TV domains so much more expensive? Anybody knows?
Register at Registerfly.com
Some very oftten they siiue promotional code. (.net 2.99$, .info 0.79 $ like)

But their service is not good enough
I was wondering the same thing...I would think the .com would be more expensive unless peoples hopes are that the .tv, etc. are eventually going to blow up...maybe they will!
It's all a gimmick. There should be no price difference.
aquariancore Wrote:It's all a gimmick. There should be no price difference.

I have to agree with you. There should be no price difference, but the reality is that the price difference exist... so I wonder if it is really worth to even try that!
its not worth paying the price difference unless you are absolutely certain, you'll profit from it.
well they are good for specific industry like TV channels will definately like to have .tv and internet companies likes to have .net but for others I think its not obvious to pay so much amount for just registering the domain.
I agree with the position of knowing you'll profit from it first. Don't just throw your money into a domain with no value, or one that's always losing you money.