Domain Social Forums

Full Version: Whats makes an OS more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well as the title says, what makes an Os more stable then others? for example what makes Vista more stable then XP, and what makes Linux more stable?

Thanks.
That is an interesting question. Maybe the got rid of all bugs before launching it. ???
This is probably a question that I can never answer!

Do you think Linux is more stable? I have used it and like it more than MS Windows.
Well linux is more stable but not so user friendly. Well in an OS is difficult to solve all bugs!
I have to agree. I got dizzy when I installed Ubuntu. But I like it very much.
Sophie Wrote:I have to agree. I got dizzy when I installed Ubuntu. But I like it very much.

Yeah I used ubuntu and kubuntu and xubuntu, then I installed OpenSUSE, they all rock but not so user friendly so I'm still on my XP, at the moment I have Ubuntu and 2 XP installations on my PC.
As a veteran Mac user, being an Apple trademark is already what makes it more stable! I've never had viruses, never had any problems I could not resolve within minutes. So, for me the OS is more stable if it is Apple! Keep your Windows and Linux! And Apple a day keeps the doctor AWAY!
berlinlife06 Wrote:As a veteran Mac user, being an Apple trademark is already what makes it more stable! I've never had viruses, never had any problems I could not resolve within minutes. So, for me the OS is more stable if it is Apple! Keep your Windows and Linux! And Apple a day keeps the doctor AWAY!

Well ok I kinda got your thinking, but for you what makes Mac more stable than others?
I agree with Berlinlife. I have a mac and have never had any problems. I am not sure if it is more stable but It does run more smoothly in my opinion. I never have any problems with it being slow or crashing. When I had a PC, well lets just say that was the reason for switching to a mac.
Ladybecklyn Wrote:I agree with Berlinlife. I have a mac and have never had any problems. I am not sure if it is more stable but It does run more smoothly in my opinion. I never have any problems with it being slow or crashing. When I had a PC, well lets just say that was the reason for switching to a mac.

Well if it crashes less then I think that it is more stable! But re MAC user friendly or they are just like Linux?
Pages: 1 2