Domain Social Forums

Full Version: I give Diablo IV a great deal of credit for sticking with it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
True players are everywhere, not just PC. I don't have any problem with this, provided that they keep away from the micro trades and loot boxes, than I am fine. Diablo IV is one of my favourite games ever, and I believe allowing other people to experience it on different programs, to include mobile devices, is fine. How does this affect"me" as human gamer? It does not, so let it be.See I think they're not out of touch. Their actions in this case was typical corporate fashion. This is a decision that is calculated. The strategy was to have a constant revenue stream for the Diablo franchise buy Diablo IV Gold. Customer Fanbase and devotion decreasing is an acceptable reduction. They expected to have out rage and possibly lose a few of the Diablo community which is OK with them since they don't produce any revenue. With immortal they will get and a new client base in which they may profit from. It only feels like Diablo IV is out of touch because this is abnormal behaviour but Diablo IV is changing. And we know it's not Diablo IV in the helm.

Rocksfir e awesome you get it. Diablo IV is not the origin of the out rage and there are a few men and women missing the point. Money or I need to say a continual flow of earnings which they have data to support they'll get was more important to them than coming out with a expansion or new game that wouldn't get than that earnings source. And here we have the crazy Diablo 2 elitist in its normal habitat.Diablo 3 has been a very good game on launching and is currently the 3rd most purchased PC game *ever made*, so I'm not certain how you people still behave as if you're the only people who like Diablo, especially as you're the only ones who endlessly bitch about how"bad" it's. If you would like something more similar to Diablo 2, simply play Path of Exile. It was literally created for folks like you.

Games, such as movies, sell based on the prior title. Bad film sequels will often earn more in gross revenue than a nicely reviewed and fan loved original. If you wish to adhere to game illustrations, CoD Black Ops is the best-selling game in this franchise. But its not the game they opted to remaster and rerelease with servers and a massive premium price tag, because despite the sales, black ops wasn't the game that turned FPS players to CoD fans. Even inside the Treyarch studios CoD releases, most enthusiasts of that franchise are going to tell you that BOII was a far better match, yet it didnt sell as well as the original. You and I both also know, that no matter how Diablo4 is or how well put together it is. It is not currently selling in addition to diablo III did. Some of those fans left, some are playing POE and arnt coming back and nearly all of the casuals that bought the game because their buddy (s) loved diablo II and talked them into purchasing diablo III, aren't buying Diablo4. The sales amounts have little to do with the quality of the game.

If you would like to attempt and rationalize within an objective way how nicely diablo III is doing with diablo lovers, examine the expansion sales, or the growth they canceled because they were concerned it wouldnt sell. Or, go compare Diablo III and POE'S twitch viewer numbers. Despite the lower sales, more people are playing POE compared to Diablo III(im not playing btw). Diablo IV fucked up bad when they published Diablo III, anyplace from content to balance to the login server going down for days at a time, to elite encounters that were either trivial or may insta-wipe a party based solely on if they'd Arcane voidk. The equilibrium was so bad they needed to electricity creep out of 10k damage hits to 10m damage strikes in a couple of years to get something that began to make sense and has been engaging.Now if you are stating it wasnt worse than *generic EA franchise. Fine , all EA games are garbage, and it was in precisely the same ballpark. I give Diablo IV a great deal of credit for sticking with it, THAT at least is something that they can say their competitors wont do.