Domain Social Forums
I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - Printable Version

+- Domain Social Forums (http://www.domainsocial.com)
+-- Forum: Domain Discussions (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Domain Companies (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Companies)
+--- Thread: I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? (/Thread-I-wonder-why-people-afraid-of-yahoo-domains)

Pages: 1 2 3

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - LyricB - 08-14-2006

My dad told me to stay away from Yahoo because it is just too much of a hassle. He suggested a few other places but to tell you the truth they were pretty big hassles too.

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - Slashmire - 08-14-2006

Did he ever told you what the hassles were exactly? Was it more on the customer service side, or was it something else.

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - technoflutemom - 09-21-2006

If you use yahoo, don't use sitebuilder! It is very buggy and hard to transfer files from. Every time they issue an update, it ends up crashing my computer. I have about 200 pages I am currently in the midst of transferring from sitebuilder. It is a hassle.

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - Ceruleah - 09-21-2006

I agree about SiteBuilder. I've used it for a personal temp site and it didn't want to communicate with my computer. Very poor program!

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - eria - 09-23-2006

Oh, I was planning to acquire some sites for just $1 from yahoo and almost ready to pay via CC, now i think i must seek some information regarding the transfer of domains from yahoo before going to get one

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - technoflutemom - 09-26-2006

Customer service at yahoo is a mixed bag. I've gotten some tech support that was brilliant, very well-handled. Usually that was only at the end of a lot of run around with people whodidn't know squat.

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - Ceruleah - 09-26-2006

My suggestion would be to avoid Yahoo until you can determine whether the rumors of transfers being a pain are true or not.

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - Paula62 - 09-26-2006

I've stayed away from yahoo because I just associate it with personal use, not business use. I knwo they have a lot of business oriented products, but I can't shake the less than professional image I have of them.

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - Ceruleah - 09-27-2006

You're right. When someone's link kicks me to a Yahoo store, I automatically groan. I don't know why. I did buy from one company through their Yahoo store, but only once.

I just wouldn't go with Yahoo.

I wonder why people afraid of yahoo domains? - eria - 09-28-2006

Well franckly speaking, I'm using yahoo stores and other services from a long long time and had no problem what so ever with it, I don't know about yahoo domains much but maybe this is because of new business setup for them.