Domain Social Forums
Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - Printable Version

+- Domain Social Forums (http://www.domainsocial.com)
+-- Forum: Marketplace Forums (no discussion) (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Marketplace-Forums-no-discussion)
+--- Forum: Advertise and Hire (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Advertise-and-Hire)
+--- Thread: Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com (/Thread-Valuable-Name-Signs-GoPC-com)

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - triumph - 08-26-2006

No. It is a dumb name with no real intrinsic value. Nobody is going to type it in. It doesn't mean anything, and is not even associated with any good industry, or really any industry for that matter.

I that you were a newsbot, so I was trying to figure out how a bot made a poll. Smile

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - zach - 08-26-2006

Although similar names have sold for high amounts, that was sporadic and just luck (almost random).

Also wondering about this 'bot'. I did deleted a spam post the other day and I do know which member set this up. So please no spam on the boards. If you are advertising in the Advertise/Hire section, please explicitly tell people that you are promoting your company; I think that this is only fair.

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - triumph - 08-26-2006

Never seen a bot to post press releases. I guess it is just the next wave of what to look out for... It at least doesn't look as spammy as other methods. Smile

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - tshugo - 08-27-2006

If they build up the site and get alot of traffic, they could sell it for a high amount I think!

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - triumph - 08-29-2006

tshugo Wrote:If they build up the site and get alot of traffic, they could sell it for a high amount I think!

Yeah but you could do that with oogadaboogda.com too and not spend more than $9.00 on the domain.

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - wizkid - 09-11-2006

triumph Wrote:Yeah but you could do that with oogadaboogda.com too and not spend more than $9.00 on the domain.

hahahha just couldnt help but laff at the name you picked as an example. I agree with you. domain names per se dont make valuable websites... content make them. it may be of value to some one who already ones a business by that name and doesnt want anyone else to benefit from that.

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - Plumley - 09-12-2006

It seemed like more hype than anything to me so I'm glad to see others think the same. The selling points are that it's a logical four letter name and could become associated with a brand, which makes sense on the surface. But the kicker is the become associated with part as that's where the hard work is, not in buying the catchy name.

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - zach - 09-12-2006

Yes, it was a spam post.
The user has been banned (but for the use of multiple usernames).

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - tshugo - 09-14-2006

triumph Wrote:oogadaboogda.com

Lolz....Maybe we should register that domain ??!! Wink

Valuable.Name Signs GoPC.com - wizkid - 09-14-2006

tshugo Wrote:Lolz....Maybe we should register that domain ??!! Wink

I think it'd be hilarious. just put up complete junk text on all kids of pages, you know like:

" ;kahef; h;giy l;JDFYN; CBW89ET7 ;SDH;;lajr 9wet "

etc... what a laff. maybe enter it some content based contest for "most orginal content" or something. wohoo!