Domain Social Forums
Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - Printable Version

+- Domain Social Forums (http://www.domainsocial.com)
+-- Forum: Domain Discussions (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Domain Companies (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Companies)
+--- Thread: Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? (/Thread-Can-you-get-someone-s-name-or-ID-from-their-paypal)

Pages: 1 2 3

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - zach - 09-12-2006

Hi

I was wonderng whether it is possible to get someone's name or other personal ID info from someones paypal email address. For instance, I want to pay someone, but would like to make sure it isn't a scammer using the a different paypal email address on the same paypal account. I know his old paypal email address, his name, and so on.. How can I track this new info?

Thanks

Zach

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - sunnybeachcal - 09-12-2006

Interesting, I would like to know too.

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - triumph - 09-13-2006

I don't really think there is a way to do this. Is it an address connected to a regular domain or with an isp or free mail service?

Paypal will not reveal the information, and nobody else is to likely give it out either.

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - eria - 09-13-2006

if it is with some specific domain, then try to get whois info for that site, and if it is with any free service like hotmail or yahoo, then I think you know the way to find info for that. paypal did't give information about their account holders.

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - Plumley - 09-13-2006

I doubt it's possible. Reverse lookup sites still exist but with people changing ISPs and webmail they're not very useful any more. There are some services that offer this type of information for a fee. I'm not sure how reliable they are.

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - tshugo - 09-13-2006

When you try to make a payment with PayPal, you get to a "pre-payment" page. On that page you may see some info about the PP adress, if he/she is verified and so on.

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - eria - 09-14-2006

no that doesn't provide usefull information, because one can easily change there profile with out affecting there signin detials, the only way I think is to check the reviews about particular paypal user.

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - wizkid - 09-14-2006

wow, this is a tricky one. maybe Paypal needs to think about and allow payers some sort of verification tool. can only help paypal increase its authenticity percentages.

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - zach - 09-14-2006

tshugo Wrote:When you try to make a payment with PayPal, you get to a "pre-payment" page. On that page you may see some info about the PP adress, if he/she is verified and so on.

But I am the one making the payment.. not them. So I won't get their info..

Can you get someone's name or ID from their paypal? - Plumley - 09-17-2006

wizkid Wrote:wow, this is a tricky one. maybe Paypal needs to think about and allow payers some sort of verification tool. can only help paypal increase its authenticity percentages.

I bet PayPal thinks they have it covered with the verified buyer function and the score you get as a seller. The interesting thing about the score is that all it reflects is that verified account holders are paying you. It's not an indicator of satisfaction or similar.