Domain Social Forums
Internet REIT? - Printable Version

+- Domain Social Forums (http://www.domainsocial.com)
+-- Forum: Domain Discussions (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Domain Companies (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Companies)
+--- Thread: Internet REIT? (/Thread-Internet-REIT)

Internet REIT? - llegent - 07-14-2006

I stumble upon this Internet REIT which is for Acquisition and Development of Internet Real Estate. I am very new to this ideas at the moment as mostly I either parked my domains or develop them by myself.

It is common for me for other type of REIT eg Hotal REIT, Shopping Mall REIT ..etc in the offline world, but Internet REIT??:confused: Anyone has experiences in this trade? Reading in their site :-
iREIT is in the business of acquiring "virtual real estate" -- portfolios of Internet domain names.

Our primary interest in purchasing domain names that generate natural traffic and current revenue (through parking, affiliate programs, PPC, CPM, or a combination of internet advertising sources).

Looking at their whois record, this site is pretty "young" as it was registered in year 2005. Does this type of model could possibly survive?

Internet REIT? - zach - 07-17-2006

Yes it could easily survive. They aren't the first firm to do this.

I was contacted by them, asking me to point my domains to them in order to analyze traffic. I refused at the time (a few months ago) as I was making a good share of income out of domain parking.

Internet REIT? - andreww38 - 07-28-2006

one major difference is that hotel, residential and even utility REITs are based on physical assets. even if the property becomes old, decrepit, etc, the land still has residual and redevelopment value.

in the case of internet REITs, a lot of the value is intangible and valuation can be subjective. the value could even drop to $0 in some situations.

in any balanced investment portfolio, you're likely to put 60-70% of funds into a conservative investment. 30-40% in a medium risk investment and 5-10% into a high risk investment (like a hedge fund, sector specific mutual fund, private equity).
i think the internet reit might fit into the high risk categorization.

you can also go to google answers and place a query on the company and its shareholders.

(some background: i worked as a telco/tech journalist, now i'm a real estate broker, and i manage and plan investments in my spare time!)

llegent Wrote:I stumble upon this Internet REIT which is for Acquisition and Development of Internet Real Estate. I am very new to this ideas at the moment as mostly I either parked my domains or develop them by myself.

It is common for me for other type of REIT eg Hotal REIT, Shopping Mall REIT ..etc in the offline world, but Internet REIT??:confused: Anyone has experiences in this trade? Reading in their site :-
iREIT is in the business of acquiring "virtual real estate" -- portfolios of Internet domain names.

Our primary interest in purchasing domain names that generate natural traffic and current revenue (through parking, affiliate programs, PPC, CPM, or a combination of internet advertising sources).

Looking at their whois record, this site is pretty "young" as it was registered in year 2005. Does this type of model could possibly survive?