Domain Social Forums
Parking question - Printable Version

+- Domain Social Forums (http://www.domainsocial.com)
+-- Forum: Domain Discussions (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Domain Discussion (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Parking question (/Thread-Parking-question)

Parking question - CFGDR - 05-11-2007

Hi all,

I've seen some posts about people making serious money on parked domain names, then other saying it's not worth the trouble. Can anyone recommend "better" places for parking?

thanks,

Elisa

Parking question - aquariancore - 05-14-2007

Look out point overseeing the fjord on a moonlit night.

Sorry, got carried away.

I use GoDaddy and I think they were pretty useless for parking.

Parking question - berlinlife06 - 05-15-2007

I think it all depends on the name of the domain. I went to check out a website that I was very interested in, and it was a miss spelling from the original website. So if you have a "one letter" away from something very popular, then you probably can make a lot of money parking that domain. Imagine only how many people think "YouTube" is "UTUBE"...

Parking question - capitalist_junkie - 05-15-2007

I worked with GoDaddy as well for awhile, but they weren't particularly helpful. Maybe it does depend on the domain name, but it just doesn't seem to me that it's worth worrying about parking. It never seems to turn out particularly well in your favor.

Parking question - Grace - 06-16-2007

Would a company benefit from getting people who only are interested in parking domains? It doesn't look like there are any who are meeting these needs for domain owners.

Parking question - sian3m - 06-17-2007

CFGDR Wrote:Hi all,

I've seen some posts about people making serious money on parked domain names, then other saying it's not worth the trouble. Can anyone recommend "better" places for parking?

thanks,

Elisa

sedo/Rolleyes

Parking question - ACCER - 06-20-2007

Basically thy are selling an ad site from what I can see. They pick a popular name and use it to get people to click.

Parking question - wsdomain - 04-29-2011

Yeah domain parking is a great investment, what most domainers do is brainstorming on potential domain names and buying them after some months or even years somebody gonna look for it and buy it from them.

Parking question - HeatherWhite - 05-01-2011

You can jump-start to make money with domains by domain tasting. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find a new and unregistered name these days with the competition of domain parkers. Domain tasting helps you take advantage of the five-day grace period you get to avail the refund for the domains you do not use.

You can start by registering for millions of this. Once you have the domains, set up the web page in each and run ads in them. First day watch out for all the of those that have no traffic at all and delete them. The second day, pick those that have little traffic and delete them. In five days delete those with marginal traffic.

Parking question - DomainAuctionsScript - 05-02-2011

The only way to make any decent money off of parking domains is to have domains with high traffic. If you don't have traffic to your domains then you will not make any money off of parking them.