have anyone heard of kortena?
is it a program similar to adsense, just wondering if anyone used that beforeSmile
Actually it is the first time I ever hear of that! The name doesn't even ring a bell... but I'll try and chek it out, just because I'm curious about it!
I believe this is a program that is "inline" advertising. Links are placed with keywords in text. When the cursor goes over the word, information pops up. The problem with the program is it really slows your site down.
Sagemother's description sounds familiar and I think I've visited sites with that kind of advertising, but I wasn't sure what it was called.

I'm not a fan of that style of advertising, personally.
Taggart Wrote:Sagemother's description sounds familiar and I think I've visited sites with that kind of advertising, but I wasn't sure what it was called.

I'm not a fan of that style of advertising, personally.

When people read webpages they tend to skim instead of read word for word, which means their eyes actually track diagonally, if I remember correctly. Rather than slow the site's load time with inline advertising, it's better to place ads where the eye might track which would mean bright, colorful ads ad the right and left sides between paragraphs, IMHO.

If you stick with static banners or those with minimal animation, the page should still load in under 2 seconds and scrolling should remain pretty smooth.
SageMother Wrote:I believe this is a program that is "inline" advertising. Links are placed with keywords in text. When the cursor goes over the word, information pops up. The problem with the program is it really slows your site down.

I didn't know what this was called but I don't like those sites, I often read something that is interesting and I see a word highlighted in the text and then thinking is has something to do with what I read I move my mouse or it and find it is nothing but a distraction. I get annoyed and leave those sites quickly.
proson Wrote:is it a program similar to adsense, just wondering if anyone used that beforeSmile
Don't you mean "kontera"?
I really dislike in-line advertising. I think it's too distracting and I personally dislike using sites that have it.
I went to a site that had that kind of advertising and it took forever to load! I hated it! so... I never went back. I wouldn't use it in my little blog or any of my sites!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heard of Bodis.com? Ardoris 11 8,430 08-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Hurgoll
  Has anyone heard recent news aquariancore 7 5,678 07-17-2007, 04:01 AM
Last Post: aquariancore